She'd come from a warring state. She knew the devastation is wrought. She knew the lives it would cost. She knew and yet she knew there was nothing to do to stop the boulder her daughter had just sent into motion. Sabhira prayed her daughter's new husband would prove powerful enough to shield them. Thankfully, her fool of a daughter had arranged a deal with one of the greatest generals Geitanos had ever known and he had to aid their country. They had a century to learn to be a militant state and protect themselves. After that Geitanos would no longer owe them anything.

Sabhira was interrupted by her thoughts as one of the healers approached her desk.

"Your majesty. There have been no improvements, but we seem to have stopped the curse from progressing."

"Good. Keep going. We'll keep searching."

"Yes, your majesty. We also recommend keeping him asleep unless absolutely necessary."

"What happens if he's awakened?"

"The curse will resume its course."

"Thank you." Sabhira dismissed the healer as her eyes returned to her scroll.

Her mind returning to her daughter and her follies. It wasn't her fault she'd grown up protected, it was Sabhira's. She'd tried to teach her daughter of the true nature of people, but in her safe home she'd never truly known danger. Now her reckless marriage meant she would constantly be at risk. Sabhira heaved a great sigh. She couldn't stand to look at these scrolls another minute. She stood and set them into the secret chamber in her husband's office. The spell on the door only allowed a ruling monarch of Albion to enter. If anything happened to Reedrick or herself then Kamya could still retrieve the secrets, but if all of them were killed the secrets would die with their line.

Sabhira sealed the room and went to find her foolish daughter. They would need to arrange meetings with the nobles and declare Ash the suitor of choice. This would have be addressed carefully. Sabhira found her daughter in her usual moping place. She was either in the gardens or in the stables. The stables offered a quick getaway if someone she didn't want to deal with followed her. Halvar was on guard outside the barn doors.

"She's in there?" Sabhira confirmed.

"Yes, your majesty. She's pretty distraught."

"Thank you." Sabhira sighed as she entered the stables. As soon as she did Kamya turned. She'd been murmuring, complaining most likely, to her beloved horse.

"Oh, it's you. Are there real problems in the stables now?" Kamya sniffed. Sabhira saw the signs she'd been crying,

"You are a princess and the future ruler of this country. If your spine isn't stiff enough, if your skin isn't thick enough to handle the truth then you should not be the one in inherit the throne. Leaders must be able to handle unpleasant truths and see bigger pictures." Sabhira schooled. She really did hate to see her daughter in pain, but it was her duty to ensure her ability to rule. Ruling wasn't all decrees and edicts. Some of it was delivering difficult news, sometimes it was disappointing your people, sometimes it was harsh and bitter.

"I've been training for this my entire life." Kamya snipped back. She did her best to bury her emotions. Her mother was already treating her like a child, to cry now would be seen as a tantrum. "I just wanted some help with a new situation. I see that my timing was poor and you have other priorities presently."

Sabhira sighed. "You are where you are right now by your own choices, daughter mine. Actions, yours most of all, have consequences. Your marriage changes our alliance. This could mean war. Your father is indisposed. You have to be at your best. You have to prove that you have your head together. If not they will see weakness and you could end up dead, enslaved, or worse."