13th Chapter: Training

Retrieving food from the large human banquet hall, turned into a ritual all its own. Every Worshiper in the room bent at the waist when they came near. The repeated action kept the Wraith close by the female's side the entire time. 'Everyone in this Outpost, is aware of the situation. None of them can be trusted.' Amelia grinned; certain the thought was not her own.

Upon reaching the table, the Elder released her arm and the elegantly dressed female browsed its contents. Nothing looked appealing, the pungent smells made her stomach reject almost everything presented. Amelia glanced about lazily, until she realized, no one else came to gather food. In the few moments, she had been close, a small group of Worshippers gathered, in a rough line, at the far end of the table.

'They are waiting for me?' Amelia sighed and snatched a bread roll with one hand. She then moved quickly toward the far end to gather a container of fresh water.

'Yes.' The resonating sound caused the humans eye to glance upward, toward the Elder's gaze. The beast nodded his head slightly, confirming his presence in her mind.

'Telepathy, IS, a two-way street.' Amelia scowled slightly, unable to act on her realization. The irritated female placed the bread roll on top of her filled cup, with a subtle huff. The gathering Worshipers rushed toward the table, the moment her back was turned. The situation made the recently proclaimed Handmaiden terribly uncomfortable and she wanted nothing more, than to leave the room promptly.

"Come with me." The lost female had closed her eyes for a mere second. When she opened them, the Elder was hovering over her nervous form. She sighed heavily accepting the creature's offered escort.

*~*~*~*

"Stay." The beast growled when they crossed into a strange room. The Wraith gym was not the next place, Amelia expected to see. The Elder's command was meant for the two young Wraith in room. "Eat." He then turned toward Amelia's stunned form. Her cold stare and emotionless demeanor brought forth a slight explanation, from the hissing beast. "E-a-t. We will train. Once I have finished with them."

'Nothing made any sense.' Amelia turned away with a distasteful expression. When she looked about, this gym-like room, it didn't contain a chair or bench to sit on. The lack of flat surfaces meant she had to sit on the floor, to eat. It then took all the female's mental strength to keep her aimless thoughts contained. She couldn't be sure, how much information, the Wraith was able to steal from her mind.

Weapons racks lined the walls of this, 'Sparring room might be a more accurate description.' The females mind sighed. Everything was easily visible, when she stood in the middle of the room. There was no sense in trying to hide from view. The captive female sat on the hard-organic floor, in-between a few of the larger racks, filled with dirty metal long swords.

The old Wraith wasted little time advancing to the center of the room. His stride was long, and he stopped in the middle, after but a few steps. Amelia couldn't help but grin, it was rare when any Wraith, looked as horrified, as the two young beasts in the room. The verbal sound's the Elder made where terrifying, when his arms motioned for the young to advance.

'You will be rewarded, if you can win.' The Elders back was turned toward Amelia's position, for several moments. The human couldn't tell if the old Wraiths taunting hiss was verbal or not. The strange phrasing caught her avid attention, only because it came with a typhon of unequaled emotional furry. The room was instantly tense and eerily quiet. Amelia held her breath, watching and waiting, curious how the situation would unfold.