6th Chapter: High-Commander

A strange sense of longing broke the Elder's mind from slumber, abruptly. It was far too early, he could tell by the dull hum of the organic structure, surrounding him. Most of the outpost still slept. Wondering and detectable mind's where few and far between. The Wraith sighed heavily, his bed was cold, and the female was absent. 'As it should be.' His mind rumbled. He didn't expect the human to willingly trust him, yet.

"A-m-y?" The beast was partially dressed, when he choice to enter the outer chamber in search of the timid female. He quickly stuffed the ties, to his leather bracers, in the cuff and hissed distastefully. "A-m-e-l-i-a?" The Wraiths tone-full growl echoed loudly when he didn't find the female, at first glance.

"What?" The groggy human responded to her name, instinctually, as she sat upright. Her eye's where foggy and she started to rub them. The Wraith moved swiftly toward her seated position, in a corner of the bathing chamber.

"Why are you here?" Amelia opened her eyes to see the Elder kneeling several feet in front of her. The beast displayed a confused expression, as he tilted his head. Thankfully, the Wraith wore pants and she couldn't help but notice his clawed feet matched the dark shades of his sharp fingertips.

"I didn't want to disturb you." The timid female wasn't sure how to answer the beast's question. Her mind was hardly aware of anything, when he questioned her.

"There is no need, t-o, c-r-e-a-t-e, more work, for yourself. When there is another bed, to, r-e-s-t, in." The beast stood up with a tone-full hiss. "Come." Amelia wanted to refuse his offered hand, but resistance was futile. The exposed female managed to keep a single piece of cloth wrapped around her abdomen as she accepted the Elder's assistance.

The Wraith pulled the fragile human to her feet carefully. Her body made strange moaning sounds, when she was pulled close to his flesh. "I do not wish for you to suffer, n-e-e-d-l-e-s-s-l-y, A-m-y." The Elder's tone-full purred echoed carefully, when the human's dim blue eyes reached his own. The female had accepted his feeding hand and continued to cling to his fingers, seemingly frozen in place.

"I've slept on worse." Amelia gasped, her eyes blinked, as if she was broken free from a daze. "Miner's don't get blanket's or beds." The bewildered human tried to cloak her hidden thoughts and emotions. For a single solitary moment, the broken human felt safe. The sincerity of the Elders claim, wrapped around her mind like a blanket of security. For a single instant, she believed his tone-full words and didn't want to let him go.

"C-o-m-e." The Wraith kept the human's hand in his grip and turned. He nudged the female to follow, by pulling her arm gently forward. The beast continued into the outer chamber and around the large table. Whatever connection he felt, had to be ignored.

"Has anyone ever slept on, that?" Amelia huffed quietly, as she pulled her hand free. The beast stopped in front of the same wooden contraption, she had inspected the night before.

"You, disapprove?" The Wraith turned to face the sulking female. "E-x-p-l-a-i-n." The Elder prodded her for answers. Instead of speaking Amelia just reached out and pushed on a single wooden post slightly. The creaking noise echoed throughout the room loudly, until she let go.

"I didn't want to disturb you." The timid female retracted her hand and kept her eyes low to the ground. The beast released a tone-full grunt and started to move away. The displayed compassion, was unexpected.

"We will deal with our, sleeping arrangement, a-f-t-e-r, today's gathering." The Elder continued to push the perceived connection aside. 'Compassion was a weakness, he could not afford.' The Wraith moved around the central table and stopped near the Maker's box. "Have you ever worn a complicated garment before?" The Wraith purred as he placed his hand on the stack of fabric.