10th Chapter: Chaos

"A-m-e-l-i-a?" The multi-toned rumble drew the female's conscious mind from slumber easily. Yet, it was the feel of warmth against her cheek, that cause her flesh to moan pleasurably. 

"Elder?" When her eye's opened, the beast kneeling inches away. She tried to display a cheerful grin, despite her un-willingness to be awake.

"It is morning." The Wraith purred, withdrawing his touch. He then moved to stand upright. "Did you rest well?" The question echoed in playful tones.

"It that a rhetorical question... Or a joke?" The captive female stretched her limbs awkwardly.  She tried to keep an equally pleasant demeanor, when she moved to stand up, next. The beast just shrugged in response, 'Was that an honest retorte, to equalled the attempted humor?' Forced to keep his own thoughts hidden deep within his own mind, the beast remained strangely emotionless. 

 Amelia wanted to test her recent theory, so the daring female allowed her cloth covering to the fall to floor. The soft curves of her pink flesh drew the Elders eye, instantly. The subtle, tone-fully purr he was unable to suppress, revealed everything to the humans inquisitive stare.

"You, s-h-o-u-l-d, get, d-r-e-s-s-e-d." The Wraith hissed plainly. Each breath was strangely auditable, when he backed away from the female's proudly displayed form, slowly. 'It was progressively more difficult to resist, the female's increasingly bold nature.' The beast was unable to look away, 'The pleasures, I might find in that miniature frame...' His focus faltered for a single moment.

"Would you help me?" Amelia grinned sweetly, 'It is better to be liked, then hated'. The captive female tried to see the silver lining in the surrounding storm clouds.  Her fingers pointed toward a pile of leather and cloth, across the room, on the floor. 

"S-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g... has changed." The beast looked over the humans boldly exposed flesh. "Y-o-u... are, d-i-f-f-e-r-e-n-t." The Elder hesitated, displaying a disjointed expression. "There is... N-o, f-e-a-r, left in you." The creature growled with disappointment. He needed that fear, to keep her at a safe distance.

"Do you want me to trust you or not?" Amelia roared in frustration. The Wraith didn't make a sound, moving stealthily a crossed the room, seemingly ignorant of her last remark. The confused female continued to huff quietly.  She watched him retrieve her discarded clothing and return.

"Y-y-y-e-e-e-s-s-s." The Elder's voice resonated loudly when he extended the garment toward the female's stunned form. "Do not, e-v-e-r, forget. That I a-m, and will always b-e, a Wraith... You, h-o-w-e-v-e-r, are a, m-e-r-e, human. Disappoint me, and I will not fail, to r-e-v-i-v-e, your, extinguished fears." The beast refused to release his grip on the folded cloth and leather, when the Amelia tugged on it.

"Who are you trying to convince, me? Or yourself?" She commented boldly. The captive female had no clue, where her argumentative attitude originated. It would have been understandable, if the beast had been aggressive or violent with her. But he wasn't and she couldn't help herself.

"You are not ready, to understand the truth." The Elder's tone-full snarl made the small human swallow loudly. He continued to shake his 'no' when he released the bundle of cloth into the female's waiting hand. "A single misspoken word, or misinterpreted gesture will guarantee death... For both of us. N-n-n-n-o-o-o-o-o-o, this is not a risk, I am willing to take. You must remain in the dark... until I am certain of your loyalties." The creature loomed aggressively over Amelia's naked form.

"...To you!" The frustrated human snapped. Added onto the Wraith's stern declaration, caused him to stumble slightly.

"I-I-I-f-f-f-f-f, t-h-a-t, is what you c-h-o-s-e, to believe. S-S-S-S-o-o-o-o-o, b-e, i-t." The Elder tried to maintain his emotionless disposition. The female was much more observant than he originally believed. By pointing out the noticeable flaws in his behavior, she triggered a defensive response that caused the Wraith to derail the entire conversation.  The beast scowled at the accuracy of her claim. 'There was little choice, I must keep Amelia at a safe distance. Or I might, never, be able, to release her.'