++|++

Roger, John and Freddie are all outside when the girl's taxi arrives - Brian had gone on inside to order the drinks while they finished their smoke. 

Mary waves at them as Roger opens the door for them, helping the three of them out and greeting them with a kiss on the cheek. 

"Hey," Roxanne grins, giving John a soft kiss in greeting while tugging on the front of his sweater vest, "This is new?" 

"Mum bought it for my birthday," he nods and she coos quietly, giving him another kiss. 

"Cute." 

"Come on you two!" Roger calls, "Deaky, you can snog her later." 

Roxanne pushes him as they all make their way into the club and John leans down so he can ask her what she wants to drink. 

"I'll get it," she waves a hand, "You're always buying me drinks. A pint?"

"Brian's getting me a-" but she's already gone, pushing her way towards the bar. 

The club isn't massive and John knows that it won't take her long to find him and the others and goes to sit down, passing Alyssa and Roger on the dancefloor.

Roxy joins a couple of minutes later, shimmying along to the song that's playing and he can't help but wonder how many she and the other two have had before coming out.

"I got you a whisky," she yells and he nods, giving her a thumbs up while taking the drink from her. 

"What have you got?" he asks, mouth close to her ear so he's not yelling.

"Gin and lemonade of course," she laughs. 

Sadly, because the music is so loud, they can't really have conversations but they do their best while letting people in and out of the booth so they can go to the bathroom, go to the bathroom or hit the dancefloor and before they know it, they're all verging on drunk and after a round of shots courtesy of Mary, Roxanne slams the small glass down on the table before turning to John. 

"Will you dance with me?" she asks, pouting her lips ever-so-slightly and he's unable to stop himself as he leans down to kiss her while tapping her knee underneath the table to let her know to get up.

She grins and once standing, grabs his hand and he just has enough time to throw his wallet and the keys to his building onto the table before she's pulling him towards the floor. 

As soon as they reach it, she's dancing around him, hands in the air as she sings along to Middle of the Road's Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep (a/n; an actual bop btw), grabbing hold of his hand as she encourages him to do the same and it's not long, with a bit of gentle persuasion, before the two of them are jumping around like two idiots, not caring if they bump into anyone or if they stand on people's toes. 

He spins her under his arm and for the first time, Roxanne gets to witness John Deacon go into full disco mode, bopping along to The Trammps Strings of My Heart. 

"You're laughing at me," he accuses and she grins while shaking her head. 

"Never." 

"Why are you standing still? I thought you wanted to dance." 

"I do!" she laughs.

"Well dance then, love!" 

She watches his move and tries to replicate them but she doesn't do it as well as him. There's only one Dancing Deaky. No, there's only one Disco Deaky.