Chapter 35 - Questions Without Answers

Start from the beginning

Ugh, why do I even try to satisfy these idiots...

"She's cleared"

Both headphones and raccoon eyes cheered while others stared in confusion.
"Dude, seriously? We're getting outnumbered at this rate" tape dispenser complained. I just let out a 'Tch' sound before my eyes fell upon a beat up Todoroki Toya who came limping up to us.
"You look like shit" I stated.
"Why thank you, I'm also happy you're still alive" he deadpanned.

"Anyway, threat has passed, all examinees to the waiting room, the exam has been cancelled"
"What?!"
"How are we going to get our licences?!"
"This isn't fair!"
"Stop your whining and follow me!" Toya hissed.
"Or do you think I like it when my little brother swoops in and kicks my ass?!"

"H-he did that to you..?" someone asked quietly.
"Yeah... Now get a move on! Chop chop!"

Pov Kaminari
"This was fun" I smiled, looking down at all the unconscious examinees in front of us.
"Yeah, it was kinda fun luring them in and seeing their shocked faces before you zapped them all to sleep" Shinsou chuckled, using my voice.
"Ew, babe, don't do that! It sounds weird hearing my voice from your mouth" I said, shivering.
"Alright, alright" he laughed, putting his voice box off.

"We should head back to base anyway"
Before he could call for Purrcy, I slithered my arms around him and pressed a quick kiss on his lips.
"Let's go on an actual date. One without any fighting involved"
"But babe~ All our dates have fighting in them" Shinsou mumbled, tracing a finger over my chest.

"Yeah, I know, but I just wanna do normal couple stuff for once" I pouted.
"I know we're villains now and all but...but I miss regular high school life, you know?"
Shinsou sighed, rolling his eyes before pecking me on the cheek.
"If you wanna go out on a date that bad, we'll go out on a date" he said with a weak smile.
"We'll just have to make sure not to be caught!"

"Yay! You're the best babe!" I exclaimed, kissing him again. He chuckled and called out for Purrcy, who brought us back to HQ. When walking into the base, we were greeting by lower personal, which I still feel a little weird about. They all know who we are and it's just... I'm really not used to the villain life yet.

"Huh... Seems like we're the first ones back" Shinsou muttered as we arrived in the changing room, seeing the other's regular clothes inside their open lockers.
"Hmm, not so strange seeing as Midoriya really wanted revenge on Bakugou" I shrugged.
"Yeah... That and their location was further away, I think" the insomniac added.
"Also, I can't believe he actually killed Monoma, can you?"

"Oh please, Monoma had it coming" I stated while putting my villain costume back in its place.
"You have no idea how annoying that dude can be! If the boss hadn't done it, someone else would've, I can assure you that much"
"Hm, guess you're right about that... Well, I'm gonna get Purrcy back to the animal wing and give him his food. See ya in a bit babe~"

He kissed me on my cheek before leaving the changing room, making me blush a little. Shinsou Hitoshi is the best thing that ever happened to me, no doubt about it! I smiled brightly as I hopped out of the changing room, past the training grounds on the main floor and jumping up the stairs towards the living area. Before I could fall down on the couch, the phone rang.

I groaned, walking over to the small desk. They better not need Black-Out to get their ass out of trouble again...
"Hello, D.E.K.U. HQ, you're speaking to Black-Out. How can I help you?"
"Uhm..."
It was silent on the other side of the line for a moment and I sighed, sitting down in the spinning chair of the desk.

"If you're calling for the Green Reaper, he isn't at the office at the moment. But I can give him a message if you'd like?"
"Just shut up dunce face! Let me fucking think"
I froze up at that voice and quickly looked around to make sure no one was here, even though my paranoid ass knew damn well nobody besides Shinsou, Todoroki and Midoriya had access to this place.