Chapter 107 - A Brother's Love

Start from the beginning

ZhouXiang lowered his head and comforted her with a few words, then led YanMingSu into his room.

After closing the door, he pointed to the bed, "The room is small, just sit on the bed."

YanMingSu didn't sit down. Instead, he picked up the tie clip from the desk and fiddled with it.

YanMingXiu left it at ZhouXiang's home the night he stayed over and ZhouXiang had been too busy to remember to give it back to him so it's just been kept on his desk.

"This is MingXiu's right?"

"Yes."

"Before he came to see you that night, he came to see me. He asked me to help him find the best kidney disease experts."

ZhouXiang still remembered that day. YanMingXiu took ChenYing out without informing him. They had an unhappy discussion. That night, YanMingXiu drove to his home to see him. It was probably the most warmly compassionate night the two have had since his rebirth. There was no resentment, no hatred or mockery as they took possession of each other in the most primitive ways, drawing warmth from each other's bodies.

If time could have stopped on that night, it would have been good.

YanMingSu continued, "He really cares about you. At that time, I still didn't know that you are that (older) ZhouXiang. I just felt that he was being even more foolish. After all, you are only a substitute. He wanted to find the thing he lost from a substitute. Is that even possible? But I have no choice but to watch my brother's life destroyed by a relationship... completely losing himself. The more successful he is in his career, in other peoples' eyes, he is a fitting member of the Yan family. Only I know that his heart is like a barren desert, sooner or later, his soul will follow along this barren desert and drift away."

ZhouXiang couldn't imagine that such a serious and stern person like YanMingSu would say such emotional words. Moreover, every single word pierced his heart.

"There are many things that I can help him with, such as getting connections to people. But there are also many things that I can't help him with, such as getting him to forget about you and becoming normal again. The reason I told you stay away from him before was because I knew that he was treating you as substitute. It's no particular meaning. A substitute is a substitute. When he awakens, he will regret the stupid things he has done. I don't want to him to be so shameful in front of the family. But what I didn't realize was that you are him, you are that (older) ZhouXiang."

YanMingSu sighed deeply, full of helplessness, "MingXiu's heart has never changed. The person in his heart has always been you. I really don't know how I could stop him. He has shown me with his actions that he has never forgotten about you in more than three years. Even when he didn't know whether you were dead or alive, he continued to persist. Now that you are alive and in front of him, he would definitely not give up even if someone was to kill him."

ZhouXiang grabbed his other hand with his trembling hand.

From the beginning till now, what he thought of most was his own pain and suffering, his own gains and losses. He never seemed to have ever paid attention to what YanMingXiu went through and did... because he didn't see it, because he wanted to evade it. He wanted to hide very far away from YanMingXiu so he refused to see... refused to think... refused to feel.

If it was him and YanMingXiu's death was uncertain for three years, how would he be? Just thinking of this, a huge panic and desperation instantly enveloped ZhouXiang.

Who is in more pain compared to the other is not a competition. But if it was to be compared, he and YanMingXiu, how would the winner be determined?