Chapter 12

"Alright twerps! Line up on the sideline." Coach Clair was never the one for formalities. "As some of you may know, this coming Friday is the first dorm game. Today we will be practicing the game. everyone, take a ball from the bin."

She gestured to the container of rubber balls beside her, the kind people win at arcades. None of them were exactly the same. Obediently, we each took a ball.

"Now listen up. We're going to play a game in teams. We'll have two teams of three compete against each other for the time being. Your goal is to have all of the balls on the field. You will use your powers to protect your teams balls and collect the other team's balls. Each team will have one side of the gym as their 'home base'. In order to win the game, team members must have all the balls in their possession on their side of the gym! Any questions?" Only one person raised their hand. It was May's little henchmen, Addison, a small, mousy, blonde girl who lived up to the stereotype. if I remembered correctly, she could adopt other people's memories, therefore she was never entirely sure who she was. It was pretty funny to watch her in gym when she thought she was a certain coach we all knew.

"So,do we fight each other, or what?"she asked, causing me to face palm.

Apparently the Coach thought she was joking and replied,"Alright, find a group of three" Anita and I turned to each other , nodded to signify that we would be teammates and turned to find another member. However, everyone was keeping their distance. Anita walked up to one boy to try to get him to join up, but he simply ignored her.

"What's the matter Nita? No one wants to team up with the faker and the nature chick?" I didn't have to turn to know who made the comment, or whose laugh followed it. I saw Anita tense up beside me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you talking to me? I couldn't help but notice that no one is jumping to team up with you and Addison either." She replied coolly. I was sick of May trying to get to me and Anita.

I turned away to look for someone else to join up with Anita and I: except everyone already had a team. The only ones left not in a group of three were May, Addison, Anita, and I. How was this going to work?

"Looks like we've got a few extras. Ok then, you'll have to be a team of four." Coach Clair said when she noticed the four of us. On a team with May? This should be interesting.

May rolled her eyes and walked over to us with Addie in tow.(Addie is short for Addison).

"Alright. we'll start out with our team of four against Mark, Kim, and David. The rest of you, sit in your teams in the bleachers." Doing as we were told we took up our positions on opposite sides of the gym. The sides were seperated by a crude line that had been drawn on the floor in black paint. Anita stood off to the side, Addie and May stood in the middle, and I took my place on the side opposite of Anita.

"Alright! Be careful and stay safe! Now..." The air was still as we waited for the word that would set us all in motion.

"Go!"

I ran to Anita and handed her my ball, saying,"Put it in your pocket and use your powers to blend into the surroundings. Go all chameleon on their faces." She smiled then disappeared. If I hadn't been staring right at her I wouldn't have been able to see her at all.

Meanwhile, May had Kim dangling in the air and was shaking her to get her to drop her ball. Before I could tell her to stop however, she was blasted with a bright blue light and thrown backwards. I traced the beam back to Mark and grew some vines that would tie his hands together and prevent him from doing so again.

May got back to her feet and turned to Addison:"Addie, give me your ball for safe keeping. Even though the losers are going to have their's taken, that doesn't mean we have to." A guilty look flashed across Addie's face.

"I can't. "She said lightheartedly

"Why not?"May asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I gave it to that cute guy in the other team. He asked for it really nicely too! Do you think he likes me?"She giggled and skipped- actually SKIPPED- across the line to talk to David. I gaged. Girls like this were why we blondes are so stereotyped.

"WHAT?!"May shrieked. While she presumed flung her blonde henchmen across the floor and back onto our side, A little chimp ran across the floor with two balls in hand. He ran to me and handed them over, then scampered back to the other side. I had created an adorable little pickpocket friend to help out with our offense.

I found Anita pressed up against the wall where I left her before. I handed them off to her and went back to join the game. When I looked back, she had already changed her location. She now had four of the six balls that we needed.

Unfortunately they had caught my little animal friend, so I grew vines all over their side of the gym. They tripped them, tied them down, and searched them for a ball. Anything they found was flung across the gym to me.

"May give me your ball!" I yelled to her as she shook down David.

"Yeah right! so you could lose it? Not a chance!" Why did she have to be so pigheaded?

I saw Kim appear next to May out of nowhere. A teleporter? I tried to trap her in more vines, but she simply popped up behind me when I reached for her. Once I had retracted my vines, She went right back to May and tried to steal her ball.

"May, look out!" She turned and saw Kim standing there. Before she could teleport away from us again however, May flung Kim across the room where she was caught by one of my many vines and tied down.

"Don't worry guys, my ghosts can get them for me! Or maybe I'll burn them until they surrender!" A giggle. Addison was dancing around the room singing, "Fireball! Icicle! This is fun! Lightning strike! Haha!" She had adopted someone's memory again.

And apparently, she was under the impression that she was me.

🌜🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌛

Gosh, It's been a while since I wrote one of these!

I hope you all are enjoying Elements so far! I haven't been updating very much, and I'm sorry about that, so I'm trying to write a little more often.

I got an actual cover! If any of you would like to send me a new one though, that would be great. I'M hoping this one is only temporary.

If you have any suggestions or ideas for the story, please comment and let me know. I'm open to suggestions.

If you are big on proper grammar, I appreciate corrections. I make a lot of mistakes that I don't even notice.

Thanks again for reading! If you have any questions about the story, please ask them in the comments.

Karategirl124