Chapter 5

"Thanks for standing up for me today Anita" We were sitting on out beds in our dorm rooms while we waited for lights out.

After lunch we had been given our schedules and had to go in order from class to class. In each class the teacher gave a lecture about expectations, rules, and of course, their favorite topic: themselves.

Then we were given a tour of the free time rooms. My favorite was the music room. It felt familiar to me. Anita shows a clear preference to the art room, making me think of the paint on her face on the bus.

From there we were sent to dinner, where I opted to wait in the line rather than cause any more disputes. May glared at me all the way through the meal. I could have sworn she had pulled my oddly cut hair once or twice using her powers.

After that we had been told to go to our dorm rooms to meet our new "family members". Those words exactly. No kidding!

Instead of bonding and getting to know each other, everyone just stood around awkwardly until the speakers(they were scattered throughout the school for announcements; every dorm room had one as well in the living room in the center of the dorm building) announced that students should set up their rooms.

To my surprise, I walked into our room to find a bag laying on each bed, not just Anita's. Apparently all the other students had sent their bags ahead, so either someone had sent a bag for me, or had sent one before i lost my memories. I had opened the bag to find an assortment of jeans, most of them ripped in places, varyingly colored tank tops and t shirts, a pair of black combat boots, and a black leather jacket. There was no sign of where the bag had come from or who might have sent it, so I added it to my already long list of anomalies that had occurred that day. Anita and I had unpacked quickly so that we would have time to talk.

I was brought out of my memories of the days when Anita replied."It was nothing. May can be a real pain sometimes, and no one deserves to be treated that way," said my roommate, bringing me out of my flashback and back to our conversation.

I smiled at her, then thought about what she had said. I asked,"This is your first year here, right?" She nodded in response."then how do you know how May acts?"She looked down, then back up at me, but now her eyes were filled with tears.

"About three years ago, we went to the same school. She used to be really popular, but when she started to develop her powers, she kind of turned into an outcast. I had always been alone because of my nationality. May had helped plenty with that part.

"As the our powers grew stronger, we found that we were stronger against the other kids if we stuck together. Eventually she started calling me her best friend. I was ecstatic, because i had always been alone, but I missed two key details: that she now had no friends but me, and that she was only using me so that my powers could get her out of tight spots.

"It took me some time to realize it, but once I did, I ditched that her immediately; she was nothing but trouble. She swore she would make my life miserable for abandoning her. That was the only promise she ever kept to me; the day she broke it was the day she moved away a year ago. I've been alone ever since, that is, until I met you," She finished. Tears were now spilling over her cheeks.

I moved over to her bed and gave her a hug; clearly she had been through a lot. She looked up at me and I knew from that moment on, we would have each other's back at this strange school.

Not even five seconds later, Ms. Wren walked through our door and said, "Miss Ella, the principal has requested to speak with you. Immediately!"

🌜🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌛

I hope you all enjoyed chapter five of elements!

Let me know if you have a cover for the story; I'm using a pic off google!

Please vote or comment on the story if you like it. If you don't, don't tell me!

Next chapter I want to explain the format of the dorm buildings, so you'll have to wait on finding out what the principal has to say.

Thanks for reading! Much love!

KarateGirl124