Home

Ilyana recited the tale. From beginning to current day, leaving out the details that wouldn't make her parents question her wellbeing too much – for they were already appalled from the journey's lore enough as it was. Whenever Ronan shifted uncomfortably in his seat, she knew she was touching upon a sensitive topic and she would try her best to rearrange her wording to make the words weigh a little lighter. But the entirety of the tale must be told nonetheless. One thing she was relieved with was that even though that got a good look at Ronan and knew he was Human, it made the recitement less awkward. In fact, their expressions didn't hold disapproval towards him, and it only added to the relief.

In conclusion to the story, Ilyana sunk back, heaving a heavy sigh, looking at her parents. Mythra and Luthias shared one long glance before Mythra turned to face their daughter.

She began, "We only figured it was only a matter of time before our family bloodline would re-activate the ancient power... You remember what I've told you about the Wingless Faeries, right?"

Ronan remained still, intrigued by the question.

"Yes," Ilyana nodded once, then recited, "They are Fae who have adopted a more Elvish appearance to protect their kind and still carry magical potency within their veins. One of the reasons for adopting such an appearance is so that Human hunters wouldn't kill them for their wings – wings that hold magical amplification in potions for all kinds of wizards, dark or light."

"And some others joined the cause for they too wanted to live like Elves," Luthias added. "You can call them rebels of sorts."

"You see, Ilyana... This story has been told to me by your grandmother, whose mother told her, and whose mother told him, so on and so forth. The story goes along the lines of this;

"Your great-great-grandfather Ilmoure, a former Faerie without wings who remained with his formal size, without undergoing the Transformation, ended up as the base of all the Faeries' jokes. A Fae who was stuck in between worlds without the ability to fly. That is until he left his home. He would've been completely lost in an unknown world full of large dangers if it wasn't for his beloved that he met; Raelinda. A woman with golden eyes. Almost crushed by farming machines, the maiden healed him. Over time, all he could ever feel was thankfulness for her. The duo got to know each other and Ilmoure fell in love. Knowing, deep down, even he couldn't earn her heart, he desperately looked for ways to return the favor.

"A terrible harvesting season struck the land and the family garden and farm died with it – to Rae's dismay. The garden was her life, growing the rare and beautiful, but it was also one of the two sources for the family's income. Low on funds and food, the family went through a depression of starvation. Ilmoure, although he swore his powers into secrecy, broke that swear in an act of love and restored the family farm to help Rae not be evicted from their estate. The next morning, Ilmoure awoke Rae saying he had a surprise for her. On Rae's palm, the tiny Wingless Fae guided Rae out the back they were greeted with their beautiful gardens, farms, and estate protected with trees with plants and flowers that were a rarity to beheld upon.

"Rae was overjoyed and incredibly thrilled to have the miracle occur, Ilmoure thought it was a good time as any to confess his feelings. When he did, Rae's day was complete, but the only drawback was Ilmoure's unfortunate height. Ilmoure didn't care about that, being dismissive on the con as he pressed his small lips against hers when she got her palm close enough.

"Love's first kiss was the very thing that had him complete the Transformation. Upon achieving an Elvish height, one distinct feature was made known; Ilmoure, too, had golden eyes. Our ancestors were told to be the first souls bound at heart in the tale of the rare Gold Eyes. And it is only from our line of direct ancestry with Life, do we ever attain such a set of eyes. And now here you are, Ilyana with Ronan."