Chapter Ten || Rescue You

RESCUE YOU

⬵⤁

Warning: Mild depictions of war and associated violence.

⬵⤁

"The King is crowned,
It's do or die,"

⬵⤁

"Operation: Romeo-Oscar-Papa is a go."

    Jack nodded silently, gazing over the outcropping of rock he was crouched behind. The Decepticon outpost in ID-424856 was softly lit by the energon-fueled machinery surrounding it, Vehicons milling about on patrols and securing the land around them. The last scouting party had just departed, Rafael able to figure out the seemingly random pattern of deployments to find the best window of opportunity for their attack.

    Unlike his last outing, Jack was placed in the squad responsible for creating a distraction while the second half of the team placed the explosives in place. It was a relatively simple tactic that worked almost every time, mostly because the Decepticons kept underestimating the human race.

    "This is Wild Bill," Colonel Lennox spoke into his radio. "Group Alfa is prepped to go. Group Bravo, get ready to stick that glue."

    Jack shifted his grip on his firearm, the M4 Carbine strapped around his shoulder and loaded with Cybertronian armor-piercing bullets, courtesy of Wheeljack.

    The young man felt a surge of adrenaline as Colonel Lennox gave the signal.

    Mirage took front and center stage, the Autobot using his ability to materialize two more forms beside him: Jazz, and Bulkhead. Though the two fakes could not do actual damage, they hoped the Vehicons would be too busy shooting to notice. Speeding through the coarse Earthen dirt in his alternate form, Mirage sped straight towards the Decepticon outpost, not hesitating as Vehicons paused in their work and took notice.

    Jack charged forward, weaving through the sparse trees that had started to grow back despite the Decepticons' attempt to clear a half-mile radius around their base. His boots helped him easily kick over what would have otherwise been stubborn saplings and rocks, tripping hazards he did not have to worry about. As adrenaline surged through his veins, the cool wetness of the Idaho forest faded away, replaced with only one feeling: searing hot hatred.

    The Vehicons took aim at the approaching Autobot and his human allies, all of which were either on foot or in various vehicles, charging their cannons. Jack raised his weapon, shouting a war cry as he fired.

    The M4 Carbine could provide fair aim at a distance less than 200 meters, however the bullet itself could reach over 3000 meters in the right conditions. Though as long as it hit one of the Vehicons, Jack did not really care about total accuracy.

    The bullets ripped through the foot soldier's armor without issue, tearing through wires and severing energon lines. Some immediately crumpled as the offensive hit true, Mirage transforming and flying through the air to take care of the rest. Others took a few more hits, each human checking one another to ensure to finish each job.

    Jack noticed the sudden change in ground texture as they reached the outskirts of the base, the earth replaced by alien metal which provided traction to its native inhabitants, but left him feeling a bit slippery.

    Screams from both sides filled the air as both human and Cybertronian soldiers began to take hits. Jack did not let that slow him down as he continued his advancement, barely pausing to reload when a pull of the trigger no longer produced firepower.