Prologue | Behold Me

This work was pretty heavily inspired by Misgel's "Darkness" works on FF.net. I am by no means attempting to copy her or "better" her already existing fanfiction; her work is amazing and I don't want to seem like I'm trying to piggy-back off of her. The themes in this book are mine, and by some weird and strange conincidence BOTH Bumblemus_Prime and Arya_Skye also have published works that have very similar ideas to what I've written here. I was honestly debating whether to continue this work and its direction when I saw them and realized the similarities, because I honestly don't want to be "that writer" that seems like she's ripping off other people to try and make a fanfiction. That is sincerely not my intent. I've written this work independently from all three fanfic writers and I want to give credit where credit is due.

With that said, there are some ideas of Misgel's that I really liked and wanted to incoporate into this work. She is the first one I've seen to really use these ideas, and I wanted to not only expand on them but utilize them in this work to drive the plot along further. I also have ideas that I do want to credit to Bumblemus_Prime and Arya_Skye:

1.) Dark Energon poisoning - Bumblemus_Prime was actually the first user I came across who used this theme, however Misgel utilizes the properties of Dark Energon primarily in her works as the driving plot point. Mine does not necessarily do that here, but I will be introducing it in a slightly similar fashion to Misgel, however Bumblemus_Prime certainly earns credit, because who gets infected (HINT HINT DEFINITELY NOT A SPOILER) was done by her first.

2.) Mass Displacement - Misgel also used this as a plot point and I really, really wanted to use it as well. It was such a clever idea and I wanted to expand upon it. My interpretation is slightly different than hers, as I had a different take on the consequences and "science" behind it. This is based around some G1 mythos that I wanted to touch on.

3.) The Ending - I can't give too many things away here, because, well, spoilers, but Arya_Skye has a book that STARTS with the ENDING I settled on for this work, which when she published it I had already decided that was how I wanted to conclude the work . . . and did have a laugh out loud moment when I realized how similarly the plot lines were. Hey girl, great minds think alike!

4.) The Plot - Books centered around torture and torment are nothing new, however Bumblemus_Prime did write a whole mini-series (which is currently still in the works at the time of this publishing) which centers around Optimus Prime as the poor victim. I do not show any mercy to the poor Prime, but he is a secondary character in this fic.

So far, that is it for inspirations for the work. I wanted to make sure I was straightforward with you guys and not wanting to come off as using these authors but not crediting them. They are the inspirations behind this work. Thank you all so much!!

BEHOLD ME

"It is divided  into four basic stages: Demoralization. Destabilization. Crises. Normalization."

⬵⤁

Though relief crashed into his body the moment the Groundbridge roared to life, Jack felt a weight of insufficiency settle in his stomach. Turning his head he gazed up at the communications hub, his eyes trailing from the prone Knock Out to the data drive still stuck in its port. All that had been downloaded was four sets of coordinates - Rafael had mentioned the Iacon file was most likely huge - but to leave the Autobots with nothing was worse than a little something.