Chapter 25: Under Pressure

Third Person's POV

The news hit (Y/N) like a ton of bricks.

He couldn't even think correctly.

This is the second time he ever felt like this. First, with Samuel and now...

Bill Cipher is dying.

That's what he got from the leader of Grigori.

He couldn't even think right about all of this. Letting go of his magic, revealing his white hair to everyone.

He felt his heart smashing inside of his chest. He felt his body sweating profusely, Bill turned his head away after seeing his expression slowly sink down into despair, even Kurumi felt terrible about this news.

"...D-Dying...?" The words...didn't sound foreign. Why? He didn't know. But it felt, right.

"Yes," Azazel kept his stoic expression on his face. "Your mentor, Bill Cipher is on a death bed. He's attitude and action might be showing that he just normal and healthy Dream Demon, but unfortunately...it's all a façade,"

"This must be a lie right? He couldn't possibly be dying!"

"If it was, you wouldn't hold the dying demon in your arms,"

"Bill, he is lying, right? You're just playing pranks like you usually do right?"

Bill slowly stood up, stepping away from my embrace. He held a sad yet serious expression on his face, the unusual moment for the Dream Demon.

"Kid, he's right," Those are the words the (Y/N) hoped wouldn't come out from his mouth. The boy body froze in shock, unable to comprehend with the harsh truth. He never would have thought. The most powerful demon, standing in front of his eyes, casually accepting his fates of leaving the world once more.

"W-Why?" His voice began to hitch, looking straight at his mentor. That was (Y/N)'s question, he didn't want to believe it. "Why n-now? W-W-Why must be n-now? Tell me, Bill...TELL ME!"

And for the first time, in the very room, three people have witnessed something they would not believe they ever see...Bill Cipher choked up.

Bill could see how much it meant to (Y/N), and for Bill to say it, the person who has been living and bond with, broke him down. The Dream Demon couldn't say anything else, he felt ashamed and scared. He looked unsure of what to say, he didn't even know what he could say.

Azazel saw the one-eyed demon struggling, so he inhaled a breath and got (Y/N)'s attention. "Bill Cipher is known to have no bodies and was cursed to live in a 2-Dimensional plane for the rest of his. It's a miracle he survived in this universe. His only way to survive in this plane is someone open the dimensional barrier between those two aforementioned dimensions. We don't have interdimensional rift lying around this universe excluding the time when Standford Pines activate the portal."

"But couldn't he just rebuilt it?"

"He already said that he swore on himself to not build it ever again. Besides, playing with interdimensional rift may result in catastrophe in this very plane of the universe and it unwise to do so."

"...Then he can't be save...?"

"Unfortunately," Bill finally said, already dried his tears from his face. "The constant exposure in this universe has tainted the already fragile body of mine. And yes, my intense usage of my demonic power, weakening my body even more. And with the latest event, I used the majority of my power to bring you inside the mindscape from your trance, living me as powerless as a Low-Rank Devil...It also became the sole reason why I tried to possess your body."