Chapter 19: Threshold

(Y/N)'s POV

It's night time at Kuoh, both Issei and I were in the forest with a wooden practice sword in our hand. Meanwhile, Bill sitting by the sideline accompanied by Blair in her cat form, spectating the practice.

"Hah!" Issei charged at him with his wooden sword and slashed it downwards.

I blocked the attack and pushed him backwards. Issei regained his balance and continued slashing at me as both of us continued practicing with swordsmanship. I wore a slightly impressed expression, as my brother getting the hang of it.

"Issei's really getting the hang of it, but he's more inclined with Hand-to-Hand combat." Bill observes.

"How about master, nya~?" Blair questioned as I guarded another attack with my sword.

"Well, he's learning but still amateur."

Issei then stepped back and threw his sword towards me, I made a confused expression on my face as I moved out of the way. "What a minute..." I sensed dragonic power beginning to gather around Issei's hand. Once I turned around, I noticed that he started holding his Boosted Gear up. "Cheeky fucker."

[BOOST!]

"Dragon Shot!" Isse fired off larger Dragon Shot towards me, I looked and noticed that it was coming in faster than usual. I quickly activated my dragon wings and flew into the sky dodging the attack, but I could still feel the pressure of the attack. Issei's Dragon Shot started carving through the ground, while completely destroying the tress.

'Whoa!' I landed on the ground and notice the full extent of the attack. 'I knew he was more inclined to dragonic power, but I didn't think it'd be like this.'

"Damn, the kid got some potential!" Bill whistled, impressed by Issei's attack. "You might lose and arm if you didn't dodge that shot earlier, kid."

"Don't remind me..." I looked over and noticed that even Issei made a surprised expression on his face.

"Wow, I didn't think that it'd be that strong." Issei looked at his hand.

"Your growth is completely insane. We've only started training yesterday night and you're already mastering the basic. Though your skills with a sword is still lacking, though if you can channel it through your Boosted Gear you could easily take on a Devil or a Dragon in combat."

"Alright, so are we going to work on my Balance Breaker now?"

"No, at our current level you can use Balance Breaker once a day at best." I shook my head in disagreement. "Plus, you never know something may end up happening during the conference."

"You're right, so you joining the Devil side right?"

"Nope, I'm going to stay neutral for a while...but if I had to choose I'd pick the Angel Side."

"Even as a Devil? Why's that?"

"Let's see, the Devil Side already has you, the Welsh Dragon on their sides." I began to explain. "Plus, we can't be in the same room with each other without being at each other's throats. The Fallen Angel side already has Vali and Samuel, plus I really don't completely trust Azazel."

"And how about that Orion guy?" Issei asked.

"I'll be representing the Greeks." A familiar voice called out as Ori make his way towards us with his groups. "I knew that I sensed some Devils around this area."

"Yo!" Both of Issei and me greeted, raising our hands a little.

"I see that you guys are doing some training."