Chapter 24: Wave

(Y/N)'s POV

[Hyoudou's Resident]

I felt light shining towards my eyes, feeling the sting of it due to my sudden blackout. I groaned in pain as the held my head. I felt like I was being hit by an interdimensional train over and over again, and survived...only to be hit by more trains. Shit! This is worse than Riser or Kokabiel knocking me out. I slowly open my eyes, feeling the pain of sunlight piercing into my eyes.

Suddenly, I sensed something hitting my skin, flowing down from my forehead. I turned my attention towards the source that woke me up, and to my surprise, it was a person who is crying her eyes out. I blinked once...twice...before giving a reassuring smile towards the same person.

"Did I ever tell you that your face is beautiful when you smile rather than crying?" I lifted my head from a soft substance which I concluded to be a pillow before being hugged by the person. "There, there...So-tan..."

"Stupid...you're absolutely stupid...you're extreme, terribly, incredibly, lovable stupid!" Sona cries out loud as she hugged me more tightly. If she was rook, she can send me to the ER with broken bones.

"Yeah, I'm stupid..."

"I'm...I'm worried off you...you know that..."

"You could've told me that again..."

"..."

"..."

Dead silence. The only thing I heard is her sobbing like a kid. The only thing I could do is pet her head slowly, embracing her a little bit longer.

"Glad to see you survived, (Y/N)-kun." I heard another woman voices coming from my side. Her voice indicates worry and happiness as I looked towards them. The person...no, the angel gives me a big smile as she made her way over towards me. "Everyone is extremely worried of you, you know..."

"Including you, Gabriel-san?" I asked, seeing a small but noticeable tear coming out from her eyes genuinely make me sad and guilty.

"*sobs*...yes,"

"I'm truly sorry about it-"

"You should be!" Sona interrupted in anger, still burying her face into my chest.

"Aha, I really do felt guilty on bringing everyone into this trouble." I admitted, continuing patting her head. "What happen when..." I then get a slight glimpse of my memory as it came back. The conference...saving Gasper...battling Katerea...Samuel...I remembered...I remembered everything he said...Does everything that he said is true? Am I just a manipulated puppet in my own story? The more that I think about it...the more I think it's true...

"(Y/N)-kun..." Gabriel called out, snapping me back to reality, noticing that her face was inch near to mine. "You're spacing out. Are you alright?"

"Yes, just remembering about the event..." I quickly replied, avoiding any suspicion from the kind angel. She squinted her eyes, still suspecting me before dropping it off. "What I was about to ask is...what happened after I pass out? Did I go berserk?"

"...Yes..."

"...I really need to stop guessing..."

"And in unfortunate event...Mason Pines..." She avoids eye contact from me. I took the message as I put my hand to my face, feeling the heavy regret. "He and Bill Cipher saved you from your trance..."

"Fuck..." I felt really terrible...This is all my fault...I hadn't fallen to despair...I...

"Fortunately, Bill Cipher manage to save him..."