I falter. Why didn't she give Jisoo her number? Jisoo so far has had 4 weeks of tutoring with her. She would have been the one to get the number first if anyone. Why did she only offer it to me?

"I- I don't know."

"Exactly" Jisoo smirks and sits back in her seat with her arms folded over her chest while Jennie is silently shaking from laughter in the driver seat.

———————

When lunch had finally come I had decided that I was going to sit with them for about 10 minutes before I made up some excuse so that I could leave the two of them alone.

"What is taking her so long? All she did was go up to ask for a fork?" Jennie complained. She was waiting for Jisoo to come back with her fries so Jennie could hook in and she was starving.

"She'll be back in a sec, Jen." I entertained myself by opening my bag and placing all of my belongings on the chairs beside me, forcing Jisoo to sit next to Jennie.

"Okay so... I have news! Lisa you know that new girl? Her name is Mina?" Jisoo climbs into the seat beside Jennie and plops herself down. Jennie immediately hooks into the fries Jisoo had promised her and lost immediate interest in the conversation. My ears, however, pricked up at the new topic of the girl I had met a few days ago.

"Um yeah.... I met her on Friday. Why?"

"She's been asking about you all morning. She said that she hasn't seen you since Friday. But she thought you were really cute."

"She thinks I'm cute? Why?"

Jisoo dropped her fork and gave me that look you get from your best friend when you put yourself down. "Lalisa Manoban. You are freaking gorgeous. Why wouldn't she like you?"

I just shrugged, not too sure why the pretty girl thought that I was cute. "I don't know... wow! It's already been 10 minutes! I have to go guys!" I sprung up out of my seat and packed my back in record-breaking time. Jennie and Jisoo just sitting there with baffled expressions.

"Where do you have to go?" .... Lisa- You're not going to see her are you?"

"See who?"

When they both folded their arms and gave me a teasing look, I knew exactly who they were talking about. "Oh no! No, I'm not. Seriously. Jackson asked me to help him with his leg placement for his performance at the end of term. That's it."

Jennie's "okay" was really dragged out and I know they don't believe me. "Tell Mina we said hi".

I roll my eyes playfully and take off down the hallway.

"Lisa, hey!" The same soft voice that I was introduced to on Friday stops me on my path. I twist my head and there is Mina, sitting with a few kids that were from our grade. I had spoken to a few of them once or twice and they left good impressions, sweet girls and kind boys. Mina definetly fit in to the friends she had made.

"Hey Mina," I turn and head over to the group when Mina beckons me with her hand. "Charlie, Julia, hey". I nodded to the two other people at the table that were paying attention to me, the rest were engrossed in whatever conversation they were having.

"Did you want to join us?" Charlie offers, pointing to the vacant space next to Mina. The girl blushed furiously, nudging Charlie under the table with her leg before turning to me shyly.

Smiling, I look around quickly and realise that if I sat here, I wouldn't be able to keep and eye on Jennie and Jisoo. "I'd love to, but I've actually got somewhere I need to be. Raincheck?"