Chapter 26: Worse From Here

Miles Vincent

I closed the door of my car and I looked for the room the nurse told me about and when I found it, I knocked the door and I found Caroline laying down with a bucket beside her.

“Miles you shouldn’t be here.” She whispered

“I just had to see you baby, are you feeling okay?”

She was just about to respond when she though her head towards the bucket and started toughing up.

I quickly walked towards her and started rubbing her back and whispering sweet nothings to her trying to comfort her enough for her to stop crying.

She laid back and I handed her tissue she wiped her mouth and closed her eyes.

“This is why I didn’t want you to be here Miles I need you to leave it’s just going to get worse from here.”

“I want to be here Caroline I need to be by your side okay for good or for bad.”

“Thank you.” She whispered

“No Need to thank me babe close your eyes try to rest I’ll be here when you wake up.”

I kissed her forehead and she slowly went into deep sleep.

(Few hours later)

Caroline suddenly woke up alarmed and started dry heaving into the bucket.

I rubbed her back and whispered to her.

“It’s okay baby, everything going to be just fine, let it all out.”

After she was done she laid back.

“Miles?”

“Yes baby?”

“You should go home it’s only going to get worst plus you need to sleep.” She said in a very weak voice

“Let’s make a plan once you mom comes I’ll leave for a few hours then come back so I can lay with you here plus my job is closer here.”

“Okay.”

She yawned and closed her eyes

“I love you Miles Vincent.”

“I love you too Caroline Wade.”

I kissed her forehead and sat back in my bench finishing reading my book.

(At Night Time)

Parking in the hospital parking lot I locked the door after getting my bag and walked towards Caroline’s room.

I saw Caroline’s Mom in front of Caroline’s room talking to the doctor and I couldn’t help but ears drop.

“Her heart beat is slowing down, she doesn’t have much time now the chemo isn’t working ”

I dropped  my bag and ran into her room, seeing her like that made my heart stop beating and suddenly  I saw black dots.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone so here is an early update and i have to say this will be my last chapter before Epilogue.

i will probably update later today or tomorrow i can't believe I'm writing the last chapter.