5. "Everyone has a weakness."

Harry

" You said you needed to talk. Here's your chance." My chair was facing his, my elbows resting on my knees, my eyes never once cowering away from his.

" How am I not dead yet?"

" Because I want you alive for a bit, don't flatter yourself." I said, maintaining an emotionless figure, not giving anything away.

" She's going to kill you."

" She?"

" I know you know you're her next target. I know you're probably contemplating going to war, and whether you have other options or not."

" News travel fast then."

" I have been a soldier for long enough to know how you Chaotics would think." I couldn't help but detect a tone of disgust in his voice, and I didn't quite like that.

" I'd watch my tone if I were you."

" You won't kill me."

" Oh I won't?"

" No. You're not like them. You don't kill with cold blood." I could feel my eyes widening slightly, but I quickly recovered, needing to seem as composed and unfazed as I possibly could.

" I can send you back to the bureaucrats, and they'll do it for me."

" Yeah, you can do that, but then you won't know what I know."

" And what's so important about what you know?"

" I know her, Styles. I've worked around her almost my whole life." He leaned forward, his eyes suddenly darkening with seriousness, quite possibly fear, at the mention of her.

" Fine then, what's her weakness?"

" She doesn't have any."

" Everyone has a weakness."

" Not her. That girl stops at nothing, loves none, and fears none. She's worse than her father."

" Then how do we stop her?"

" You don't."

" Then what the fuck are we doing here?" I groaned, rubbing my face in exasperation. All this talk about how legendary and invincible this girl was, ignited me with anticipation, and I wanted to see for myself.

" She is void. Absolutely empty inside. And that's your entrance. Make her feel again."

" I am not a fucking therapist. I am a soldier. I steal, interrogate, kill, maybe, but I don't fix people. Hell, I can barely keep myself together, let alone, make someone feel."

" Fine then, you'll die first then the rest of your camp."

" You're quite the ray of sunshine, aren't you?"

" That girl almost choked me to death because I told her that maybe you weren't so bad after all. She despises you, all of you; Chaotics, and she won't stop until there's no one left. She was trained to destroy you, and that's exactly what she'll do. Her father does things to her."

" What things?"

" He has this thing, every time she's about to break, he erases her memory, along with all the feelings, emotions, and regrets, coming with it, until she's a blank page, on which he writes all his orders, schemes, and plans. That girl is a monster, and you can't kill an immortal monster, Styles."

" So he made her the way she is?"

" Life made her the way she is. The shitty world she found herself having to live through. That girl has a death wish, and she's waiting for someone to fulfill it for her. She goes into battles, barely armed, almost as if she's asking to be killed, yet, she comes out untouched. The only way you can conquer her, is if you break her walls down, remind her, and those memories would be enough to absolutely destroy her."

I rested back in my chair, overwhelmed by the offered information.

She was a victim to the world we were forced to inhabit, as was I. The only difference was that she chose to fight darkness with darkness, fight ugliness with ugliness, and terror with terror. She was raised among death, blood, destruction, so she was left in barriers, shredded, torn, pieces, and she had to live with that, with herself, and all she had become.

If she was indeed a monster, then, reminding her of her past self, would terminate her, in all ways possible.

If she was indeed a monster, against her own free will and choice, then, did she deserve to be brought back to her weak, human, self?

What could she possibly have done, to deserve this punishment?

And if I had a choice, would I choose to remain human, suffer through all the shit brought upon the world I grew up into? Or would I rather be a monster, that felt nothing, cared for nothing, had nothing to lose?

" Harry," I tilted my head backwards, to see Zayn, nodding firmly towards the intruder.

" I think that's all. What did you say your name was?"

" I didn't."

" Alright, smartass, what's your name?"

" I'm Horan, Niall Horan."

" You and Louis will get along great." I rolled my eyes, at the thought of their extreme childishness when put together.

" Wait, what?" Both Niall, and Zayn exclaimed at the same time.

" You are to stay in one of our rooms, under constant surveillance, you know, in case we need any further information."

" Harry-"

" Zayn, I know what I'm doing."

" Actually, you don't. He's an intruder, and if we don't kill him, then anyone passing by now, will not fear us. Do you know how much trouble this will get us into?"

" He told me some very valuable information, and I believe that he can help, if we are to face Audrey."

" Autumn." The intruder corrected.

" Not fucking helping right now." He pulled his lips together, indicating his silence.

" Zayn," I started, but he shushed me.

" You know what, this is useless anyway. I'm never getting anywhere with you. But he's your fucking responsibility, and if he is to stir the smallest of all problems, I'll slaughter him myself." Zayn warned, as a small smile formed onto my lips.

" Fine." I assured him, receiving a nonchalant groan, before he walked away, leaving me alone with my newly found burden.

" You heard him." I said, opening the door to release the intruder – Niall-. He practically skipped out of the dungeon, chuckling obnoxiously.

" I can't believe you're actually letting me stay here, anyone else would have killed me, or sent me back, but-"

" Okay, you're making me regret it already." I groaned, as we both walked towards the back rooms.

" You're right, I'm sorry, I'm just so relieved, and-"

" Okay, the talkative, bubbly, one is Louis, who's on a mission now, so you can eat his ears off as soon as he's back. Zayn is the done with the world one, so don't bug him, he'll lose his shit."

" And what about you?"

" I am the one who'll break your neck if you don't shut your face right this instance."

" Shutting my face, noted." And he made a lock signal, before throwing the imaginary key away, and I internally cursed at myself for ever considering having another Louis around, when I could barely handle one of them.  

_________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys, so we introduced niall here, and a bit of a preview into Autumn's life, I hope you liked that and please vote and comment and let me know whether you did or not :)

ily x