11. Conclusion

Grandma Fran was not happy that LuPa had been kept from her, and I saw the guilt in her face that she had known I was alive and hadn't told him.

The Queens had listened to our story and had sent Chase off to bring back the prophet to her, wanting him to confirm directly the original prophecy with the court as witnesses. Stone had voiced his concerns that we would be exposing our ace but the Queens just smiled at him and listened.

LuPa had told the queens about the princes working to find the corruption and our worries about their fathers who were still missing and the queens pointed out this would be an ideal time for us to set a trap for them and the council. Grandma Ana summoned the princes, who had all be chastened for keeping secrets from them and asked them to update us on what they knew.

My boys had been acting as a barrier between my uncles and I, still not trusting them near me.

Chase returned with The Prophet who was terrified of the queens, falling prostrate at their feet as they called in the rest of the court as witnesses to his words. He babbled out the prophecy and answered their questions and I saw the moment they all realised what had been lost to twisted lies and the roles many had unwittingly played.

At the end of his confession the queens had stepped over him and stripped him off his powers, before the guards dragged him away.

"My queens" a tall older fey stepped forward and bowed, his face an agony of regret as he looked at me.

"Lord Ferria you may speak" Grandma Ana said and the old man straightened before dropping to his knees.

"Forgive me my queens, I have been led astray and believed the lies and have been helping your Mated. The princes have fooled me and I wish to beg forgiveness and atone"
"How do you intend to do this?" Grandma Fran asks scowling at the man.
"By giving you the Princes location, my Queens" he explained shakily.

"Chase, go with Lord Ferria and our guards and bring back the Princes" Grandma Ana ordered, turning to the princes in the room "Aeson, go with them in case they need the rank against your fathers"

The court filled with muttered conversations as Chase, Aeson and some of the guards left with Lord Ferria, leaving us stood at the end of the room watching them interact.

I could feel the princes gazes on me as we waited but it didn't feel like they wanted to harm me, it felt of curiosity.

The chatter stopped abruptly as a portal opened in the middle of the hall and Chase returned, four older fey struggling with the guards and ordering them to let them go, but I saw the copper bands on their wrists and knew they couldn't do anything too bad while wearing them. As the portal closed behind then and the court came into clear view their arguments stopped and they looked scared.

"Silence" Grandma Ana called, watching the four men, who turned and knelt before their Queens.
I could see the hurt and disappointment on the Queens faces as they faced their mates.
"Why?" Grandma Fran asked softly and it felt like the whole court held their breath for the answer.

Prince Jobe spoke first "It was a blasphemy, you chose to take a human mate bringing shame of our noble houses and diluting of the fey royal lines, and with a girl child, the whole fate of the fey was at risk, your half breeds then joining sealed their fates, unite the courts, what a stupid idea, and a half breed queen could never be allowed to happen." he spat, glaring in my direction.

Prince Arwen looked around and laughed at the assembled court "The prophecy says that line would bring our end, you should kill the half breed" he suggests, but the crowd parts to show him the cowering form of The Prophet.

"We have heard the prophecy as it was told from The Prophet, it was witnessed by this court before you arrived" Grandma Fran says coldly.
"Then he lies" Arwen argues, "He will say anything to save his neck"

"How did you get the council involved?" Grandma Ana asks and I see the older princes exchange looks.
"Underhill wanted power, we made it happen, and kept him there as long as he did what we told him, he was clueless, and easy to persuade that the prophecy would destroy the council, there are several on the council who would do anything to keep the power they hold" Jobe explains.

"Why, she was your sister, your brother, your family" Grandma Fran asked her icy facade cracking with emotion.
"Because it was finally time Faerie had a King rule over the courts, and with no female heirs, with you gone it would have gone to our sons" Prince Sirrus finally spoke and the court erupted in outrage.

"Silence!" Prince Aeson shouted, stepping up next to the Queens and looking out over the assemble group.
Arwen of Venera, Sirrus of Mageria, Jobe of Landroe and Tanyl of Croyme, you are hearty stripped of your titles, powers and position and will be called forth to answer for your crimes at a later date.

The crowd watched silently as the Queens stepped forward and raised their hands over the heads of the men now struggling in the guards holds, as one by one they were stripped of everything that made them fey.

Grandma Ana called to the guards, "take them away, the prophet and Lord Ferria too, I want you to find out the names of everyone involved and bring them in, especially the council members" she turned to Chase who stepped forward "Chase, you are to oversea the investigation from here."

He opened his mouth to reject the roll but the queen held up her hand "That is still your main priority but we need you on this"
Chase bowed, accepting the job, knowing that if I needed him I would come first.

The guards took the broken men away and the Queens dismissed the rest of the court, including the princes, before turning to me and the boys.

I rushed forward into their open arms and held them both tight as emotion overwhelmed me, was it over, was I safe.
"i'm so sorry Vivi, I knew one of them must be involved but I never suspected all four, I was blinded by my belief in the bond, even though it was never as strong as my bond with your grandfather" Grandma Ana said.

"We should have dug harder, brought you home" Grandma Fran cried but I shook my head.

"It has happened how it should, if you had brought me back, I would not have met my mates, I would not have searched for LuPa or found Carnwennan. I would not be as strong as I am today. I have nothing too forgive you for in my eyes, but if it helps you I forgive you" I tell them softly.

"You hold Carnwennan?" Grandma's asked shocked and I nodded, drawing it forth from my side, the blade catching the light though the windows and sounding a gentle hum through the room, until I returned her to my side.

"Then I have no fear. You and your harem will always be safe" they said and I smiled as they released me and I returned to my mates.

"Can we go home?" I asked wanting some peace with my men and my grandparents nodded.
"Stay vigilant but go home and enjoy your time together, we will let you know once we have them all, you will need to return to attend the trial" LuPa tells me, taking Grandma Frans hand.

I summon a portal and hold onto my mates as we step though, dropping into their loving arms as soon as we were alone.
"I love you all" I tell them and can feel the love flow back through the bonds even as they repeat the words back to me.