Chapter Eighty-Four: Demons Vs Vampires

Start from the beginning

As if confirming Natalya's suspicions, the chatter became apparent again. "Look what we have here," the demon leading five other men on horse chuckled, hopping off his horse and kicking down a banner at the camp entry.

"Shit," Cassandra cursed resting her back against the fence.

"Hold on..." Natalya whispered while lifting her head just enough for her eyes to see over the fence. Cassandra mirrored her actions. "Aren't those the demons from before?"

Cassandra narrowed her eyes and followed with a gasp, "yes!" She instantly cupped her mouth. "They are! And those are our horses!"

"I sense a lot of undead souls here," one of the demon's eyes rolled to a deep blackness while he licked his lips and slid off his horse, making the two girls freeze in a panic. "When should we begin, sir?"

The intimidating leader put a hand up to his men signalling that they wait as he narrowed his glossy black eyes and observantly looked around. "Do you smell that? Its the same smell from earlier..."

Natalya's eyes widened and she worrisomely lowered herself. "Have we just accidentally led those bad guys to another slaughter."

Cassandra reluctantly nodded, momentarily conversing her anxiety to Natalya through eye-contact, when the words failed to leave her. "W- What should we do? We can't just leave them to kill more of our men. We need them."

Natalya knew the vampires would not stand a chance against the demons and witches without enough men so she couldn't turn a blind eye. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't. "We escaped them once, we can do it again," she went to stand up but this time it was Cassandra's turn to pull her back down behind cover.

"But you almost died too, remember," Cass reminded and Nat rolled her eyes. "Yes but now I have Nixon in my system and I've never felt better." "Cass, c'mon you just said yourself we need those men. We have to do something."

She sighed heavily.

Back to Natalya's POV~

"Just follow my lead, okay?" I smiled reassuringly and she didn't protest.

Looking over the fence, I watched as a youthful vampire boy who wore a horn and a pair of binoculars around his neck walked out from the other side of the forest and spotted the demon company. I assumed he was on look-out duty and had been walking around the perimeter.

The boy acted quickly when he got a hunch that something was wrong, hiding behind a tent, looking through his binoculars and blowing hard on his horn.

*HORN SOUNDS*

"Intruders!" The boy proceeded to scream.

Before I could take my next breath, the sounds of shuffling and metal clanging echoed throughout camp and like a herd of animals, the army of vampires frantically retreated from their tents wielding cutting-edge steel.

"Well, that escalated," Cassandra commented and I hummed while watching attentively.

The demons were suspiciously calm, not lifting a finger as the vampires gathered around and surrounded them. It seemed like there were a few wolves amongst the camp too. I could tell from the golden eyes, growls and body hair of select individuals.

"What are you planning to do?" Cass whispered and I waved my hand shushing her when the confrontation between the two sides commenced.