Chapter 10

Luke's POV
So Callie said she wanted to be more "punk rock" but shes too much of a good girl to be punk rock. I hate to tell her but just changing your hair color, and clothes wont make you punk rock. You have to act punk rock to be punk rock.
"hey Luke lets go in here!" Callie said while pulling me into Hot Topic (idk if yall have those stores where you live, but I love going in there sometimes!) and decided to get some black ripped skin tight jeans. She went into the dressing room and tried them on. When she came back out she said "how do they look?" and had a smile on her face "oww! it hurts to smile Luke!" she said referring to her newly pierced lip. "they look great!" I said back. She went back into the dressing room and changed into her leggings.
We looked around a little longer until she saw a shirt that she wanted so badly, but didnt have enough money for. She looked at me with puppy dog eyes, until I finally gave in and bought it for her. "just because I love you" I say while grabbing the shirt from her hands. "hehe thanks babe" she said while kissing my cheek.
We shopped around for a little bit longer and she ended up getting a flannel, combat boots, and some black t-shirts. I feel like she is only changing to fit in with us more. I want her to be herself.
"hey umm Callie?" I hesitantly said
"yeah. whats wrong?" she asks a little worried
"I feel like your only changing and wanting to be 'punk rock' to fit in with the band since you wil be on tour with us. Is that true?" I ask a little afraid that she may get mad at me
"Luke listen, if I want to dye my hair, I can dye my hair. If I want to wear all black, I can wear all black. If I want to change anything about me, I'll change it for me, and only me. I'm not trying to sound mean but I'm doing this because I want to andalittlebecauseiwanttofitin" she said but I couldnt understand the last thing she said, because she was talking so fast.
"what was the last part?" I ask
"I said im doing this because I want to and a little because Ibwant to fit in." she said sounding dissapointed in herself, knowing she shouldnt change to fit in.
"Come here" I said while lightly pulling her over to a bench in the mall. Once we sat I down I told her "you dont need to change to fit in, your are perfect the way you are okay? All of the boys love you, you dont have to change anything about you to fit in with us, okay?"
"okay" she said while sniffling, her head down the whole time.
"are you crying?" i ask, even though I already knew the answer
"n-no" she studders out
"yes you are, now come here and give me a hug then we will go back and get your hair back to its original color" I said. She gave me a hug and agreed to change her hair back to normal, but said she was going to keep the clothes she got because she thought they were cute even though they wasnt even her style.
*skip ahead a few hours*
I took Callie back to her moms, but considering she had a crop-top on, her mom could see her tattoo and was not happy about it. She took out the lipring because she said it just wasnt her, so her mom didnt even notice that.
"why do you have THAT on your body?" her mom practally yelled and emphasized the word that.
"I wanted to get it. Luke has one too, on his arm. They are matching." she said and tensed up. Im not sure why though.
"well I dont like it" her mom said
"I do, I love it" she said
Her mom didnt say anything, just slapped her. Now I see why she tensed up.
Callie's POV
"well I dont like it" my mom said
"well I do, I love it."
My mom didnt say anything, but I felt a sharp burning sensation on my cheek. My hand immediatly reacted and moved up to my cheek. She just slapped me. I started crying and burried my face into Luke's chest.
"Callie bear you're not staying here tonight its not safe. You're staying with me tonight. Here lets go get your stuf and we will go back to my house." Luke said. I just nodded my head still burried in his chest.
We pushed past my mom and went upstairs to my room. "Get enough for a few months." Luke said
"okay" I didn't question why, because I knew I was going on tour with them in a few weeks and would be gone for a few months.
After I got everything ready, we walked back downstairs. My mom was waiting for us. "dont come beack either unless you get that removed from your body" she said pointing at m y tattoo.
I started crying again and Luke walked me to his car. He was fuming mad. He pulled out of the driveway so fast I thought I was going to die right then and there. "Luke honey slow down. It's okay" I said trying to calm him down.
"NO ITS NOT CALLIE! ITS NOT ALRIGHT! YOUR MOM JUST STINKIN SLAPPED YOU AND TOLD YOU NOT TO COME BACK UNTIL YOU GET THE TATTOO REMOVED FROM YOUR BODY!" he screamed. I started crying harder. After everything that just happened my emotions were everywhere and once Luke realized he had just yelled at me, he slowed the car down and put one hand on my thigh, rubbing it soflty while keeping his other hand on the wheel and his eyes on the road. "hey, I'm sorry okay? I was just mad because of what happened. I've never known your mom to be like that." he said "I know. I havent either" I said while looking out the window. It had just started pouring the rain, so it became foggy and I love watching through the car window when it rains. Theres just something so peaceful about it.