Separating from her and holding her palm, he uttered, "She gave me enough reasons to hate many things in life, give up all my good hobbies, leave behind all the colorful events and embrace darkness. There are things why I gave up entering temples but these reasons don't mean I should hate her. Because I can't!"

"Th-en what is stop-ping you?" Sanchi said, brushing his cheeks. 

"Some promises and conditions. There are some conditions which are needed to be fulfilled and I am waiting for it. It's very difficult to forget the past and I've tried hurting myself in every way possible." Vihaan moved inside his car. "You get into the house. It's getting late, Sanchi."

Sanchi was at a loss of words because she didn't find words to console him. "Have a good nig-ht, Vih-aan."

Without turning to look at him once, Sanchi spoke in a loud and cold voice, "If you can, try not to dr-ool over the past as it will keep giv-ing you pain. The more you keep your own self ins-ide a lock-ed cage, the more you will be un-able to for-get it. You'll only hurt your-self if you keep your-self connect-ed to the worst memo-ries, ins-tead of trying to over-come it."

As she moved inside the house, she heard his car depart behind her, leaving her completely stunned by his behavior.

***** 

Sitting in the corner of his workroom, Vihaan couldn't stop himself from pondering over Sanchi's words. She was so right and could perfectly play with her words. Sanchi was someone who could spell some magic on him anytime and anywhere.

He was the one drooling over the memories of the past and had allowed them to keep haunting him in the present. It was he who had locked his original identity in his precious proof room and had parted himself from everyone in life. He was also the one who had given up all his talents and had embraced darkness.

Maybe it was for Sanchi for whom he had started liking lights, she was his brightness who could help his life shine again. Maybe it was Sanchi, the only woman he had befriended in his lonely life and for whom he had plucked the guitar again. Maybe it was Sanchi for whom his nervous disorders were improving as he had reduced his daily doses of sedatives from three to just one per day.

"Why does her words affect me that much? Isn't she so true that I should actually try to overcome the haunting past instead of trying to remember it over and over again?"

Vihaan injected the only dose of sedatives for the entire day. "Should I unlock the cage I've put myself into? But then I won't, since hickory is the only one member in that locked cage of mine. I don't think anyone will again deserve it, except she!"

***** 

The next week quickly passed by and only two days were left for the day of marriage of Vidya and Dheeraj. All through the previous week, Sanchi had spoken rarely with Vihaan except for some important calls and reminder messages. She was also getting irregular to the bureau and had taken a few days' leave for all the work load at Trivedi house.

Vidya had guessed Sanchi's indifference towards Vihaan because she had been observing her lately. Vidya's plans with Dheeraj to unite Sanchi and Vihaan were ready to be executed.

"Vanya, where's your phone?" Vidya demanded, looking around Sanchi's room.

"Why do you need my cell-phone?" Sanchi was wrapping glossy papers around the henna cones.

"I'll search for myself. You don't have to tell me," Vidya said annoyingly and found the object lying next to the glass jar on the nightstand. She unlocked the phone and sent a quick text to Vihaan.

*Can you meet me tomorrow at the city mall by three in the late afternoon? Please Vihu?🙏*

"Wh-at are you do-ing, Vidya?" Sanchi asked from across the bed.