Chapter 21: Birthday Boy

Today is Julian's birthday. I am excited to go, but also nervous. I can't wait to see Julian's parents, but I also don't want it to be awkward.

I heard a knock on the door, I answered it to see Julie standing there with two dresses wrapped in plastic and a duffle bag full of other needed things. "I know you don't want to but you are going to wear heels with your dress." She said walking through the door.

We walked up to my room and she pulled out the dresses, "The white one is yours cause I know you don't like pink." she said pointing to the beautiful white dress. For once I wanted to wear a dress, this one was perfect. It was a sleeveless dress with a silk fabric from the top to my waist line where a baby blue belt separated the silk from the lace fabric that finished off the dress.

"Do you like it?" she asked.

"Are you kidding me, I love it." I said hugging her.

"Go try it on!" she yelled.

I grabbed the dress and ran to the bathroom. The dress was even better when I had it on. The length was perfect, a little above my knees in the front and a little past my knees in the back.

When I walked out of the door Julie put her hands over her mouth and screamed, "It looks so good on you! How much do you love me?" she asked.

"A lot." I said giving her a big hug.

"Put on the heels!" she demanded.

I slid them on and was about six inches taller. "After I change I will do your hair and makeup." she said.

"Okay go." I said.

Her dress was similar to mine except pink with a black belt and  the lace was on top and silk was on the bottom. Her black heels tied everything together. "You look great." I said.

"Oh please, come here so I can do your hair and make up." she said and I listened.

About two hours later we were ready, my hair was in curls and my make up consisted of blush, eye liner, mascara, and strategically placed baby blue eye shadow. Julie's hair was in a bun and her make up matched perfectly with her dress.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

"Yep, lets do this." I agreed.

We walked down stairs and my mom took a couple pictures, "Y'all look so beautiful." My mom said wiping away a tear.

"Mom its okay." I said hugging her.

"It seems like yesterday I was forcing you in a dress to go to a family dinner." she said sniffing.

"I love you mom, I will see you later." I said.

"Love you too, have fun." 

"Will do." Julie said as we walked out the door.

When we got to the old barn, where the party was going to be, I saw Hunter and Julian talking and a lot of other relatives dancing to the song that was playing.

Hunter and Julian looked over at us and their jaws dropped, I bit my lip. Was something wrong? I asked myself.

They slowly walked over to us and I noticed Hunter was wearing boots, I smiled. "I see you wore boots." I said pointing to his shoes.

"Julian wouldn't let me come without them so here I am. You two look great, you look great in that Scar." Hunter said.

Julian gave me a hug, "Thank you for dressing up, I figured you would come in blue jeans and a nice shirt." we laughed.

"I was but Julie showed up and showed me this dress and I had to wear it." 

"Well you look ravishing." 

"You do to, Mr. Tuxedo." I gestured to his tux. Hunter wore the same thing but his was gray and Julian's was black.

"My mom wouldn't let me come n anything else." We all laughed.

Just then I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes came on and I screamed, "I love this song!" I grabbed Julie and Julian and pulled them to the dance floor. Hunter surprisingly followed.

I danced around with Julie and we both sang the song, we were the weirdo's of the group but we rocked it. When the song was over me and Julie were panting.

Hunter and Julian were watching us and laughing with us. After that Why by rascal flats came on and Julian stuck out his hand, "Would you like to dance?" he asked.

I smiled, "Yes I would." We began to slowly move around the floor. It was so much fun, Hunter danced with Julie and Julian would spin me around when the chorus would come on. He lightly sang to it, and I couldn't help but smile. At the end of the song Hunter and Julian twisted us at the same time and we switched people, Hunter had me and Julian had Julie.

It took me a minute to realize that Hunter had me dipped down. I cleared my thought, and he lifted me up. I wasn't ready for that kind of interaction yet. "Um, sorry." Hunter apologized.

"No, it's okay, I'm just not ready for that yet." I said walking to Julie. We all sat down at a table and watched other people dance for a while.

Ten minutes passed and we didn't speak, we just watched every one else dance. 

"Scar, would you come with me to the little girls room, please?" Julie asked.

"Can't you just g-" I saw the look she gave me and knew she wanted me to go with her, "Fine." I got up and followed her to the restroom.

When we were in she looked at me, "I saw what you and Hunter did when you were dancing, he totally wants you, Scar!" she shouted.

I sighed, "Julie, I don't want this. I'm not ready for the drama that could follow." I said.

She paused letting that sink in, "Fine, I understand. But what are you going to when they ask you to prom? Who will you chose, if you chose?" she asked.

This got me thinking, "Damn it, Julie." I thought a little more, "I will just not go." I said.

"But you can't leave me there alone." she whinnied.

"You won't be alone, you will have a date." 

"But what if I don't?"

"Are you kidding me, you are drop dead beautiful. Any guy would be lucky to have you." 

"You are so sweet." she said hugging me.

"Enjoy it while you got it, it comes and goes." I said smirking.

"Whatever, lets go back and dance before they get suspicious." we walked out of the bathroom and back to the table.

Once we were a couple yards away, I panicked at the scene unfolding before me.

What was Dean doing here? What was Julian doing on the floor? Was Hunter fighting with Dean?

I was in shock, was this really happening?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hope you liked it. Are you prepared for the drama that is about to unfold in the following chapter? ;)

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

~Cayla