Chapter 2: Who Are You?

~Picture of Alex Pettyfer as Hunter Grayson~

Chapter 2: Who Are You?

Today when I was in English, Britney wasn't sitting in my seat.

I sat down hesitantly and apparently it was obvious because I heard Hunter say, "Relax Winters, a bombs not going to go off if you sit."

I turned to Hunter in shock, 1) he talks and 2) he actually knew my name.

I didn't say anything I just turned and faced the front waiting for Mrs. Sanchez to show up. But while I was waiting all I could think about was why Britney wasn't at my desk.

***

The bell rang signaling the end of the day. I told Julian he didn't have to take me home because I was staying after.

It was about four thirty so I knew it was time to go home. I texted my mom hoping she was awake. I walked out side and hoped she would be here soon.

I was looking at the concrete when I heard an engine coming up. I looked up thinking it would be my mom but it was an unfamiliar looking car.

Two people got out but they were to far away for me to tell who they were.

They were walking in my direction. I could see that it was Britney, looking at me madly, but I didn't recognize who the guy was.

I felt uneasy as the approached me Britney looked at me and said, "This is for stealing my Julian."

Before I could ask what she was talking about the boy had pushed me against the wall my head hitting it first. I sank to the ground holding my head. Just when I thought that was it he pulled me up and pinned me against the brick wall.

"HELP!" I yelled but I knew no one was here.

The boy that was pinning me against the wall didn't have one bit of guilt on his face. I tryed to get out of his grip but he was to strong. I managed to slip my hands trough and kicked him in the balls. He groaned and bent over. Britney started running away.

My wrists were bleeding badly because the bricks cut them up when I slid out my eyes were watering I was about to cry.

I saw someone in a Leather jacket and jeans running to me. "Hunter?" I asked.

Then I felt someone grab be and hold me off the ground, and I screamed. They dropped me and my head hit the floor.

I was out like a light the only thing I knew was that someone was carrying me.

***

I woke up in a hospital bed, there was a boy with his parents and a women standing around me. I was so scared.

"Who are you?" I asked timidly.

I saw a tear go down the woman's face. She looked so familiar, they all did I just couldn't put a name on them.

I saw a boy walk in that I recognized. He was wearing his leather jacket and jeans. "Hunter?"

Everyone looked at him in a weird look. He looked like he just saw a ghost.

"Winter's you remember me?" he asked.

"Who's Winter's?"

"Thats your last name, your first name is Scarlett." the familiar looking boy said.

The doctor came in so I was left hanging. All I knew was my name and Hunter. Who were these people?

"Scarlett you have lost your memory. You can get it back and when it dose it will come back all at once. But they shouldn't over flood you with memories. They should just tell you the basics and slowly move along." the doctor said.

Everyone left except the woman. As hunter was leaving I asked, "Wait can you stay?" I dont know why but he made me feel safe for some reason. All I knew was his name. I didn't now how I knew him I just wanted him there.

"Sure." he said awkwardly, I dont think he was family or even knew these people.

The woman looked at me and wiped away a tear. I had a flashback and saw the boy handing the woman a velvet box and her crying at the present. Before I left holding on to him she wiped away a tear and than thanked the boy again.

"I'm your mother." she said. How could I remember that boy but not my own mother.

"Oh." I said. So that boy was handing my mom the earrings. She was wearing them today.

She left and then the boy came in.

"So who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Julian, your boyfriend." he said.

"Okay so then how do I know you?" I said looking at Hunter.

"I dont know." he said, he was the only calm one in the group.

"Why are you even here?" Julian asked glaring at Hunter.

"I'm the one that brought her here, where were you when she was being assaulted Julian." Hunter said getting up to leave.

I looked down at my wrists and remembered what happened and how I was beaten and that Hunter saved me.

"Wait, Hunter you saved me you didn't just find me, you saved me." I said.

Hunter and Julian looked at me, "How did you know that I thought you couldn't remember?" Hunter said.

"I just remembered." I said.

"Is that supposed to happen?" Hunter asked Julian.

"I dont know." Julian said.

Hunter went and sat back down. They both looked at me for a while.

I finally asked Hunter, "So were you a freind?"

"No." Julian snapped.

"What is your problem with him? He saved me." I asked looking straight in his eyes.

"I don't trust him." he said.

I heard Hunter sneaker thwn remembered how I knew him.

"Your the bad boy Hunter Grayson and you sat behind me in English." I said smiling stupidly.

"How do you keep doing that?" they asked.

"I dont know." I said.

***

After about an hour of remembering a girl came in and ran up to me and hugged me.

That scared me. "Hunter, Julian can you help me?" they pulled her off and I could see hurt in her eyes.

"You don't remember me?" she asked.

"I'm sorry no."

"I'm your best friend Julie." she said a tear running down her face.

I looked at Julian for approval and he nodded.

"Oh." was all I managed to say.