Chapter 13: The Kiss

~Pic of Simon Nessman as Julian~

Chapter 13: The kiss

I was dreading going to school because I knew gossip would spread about the kiss I had with Hunter.

I got Julie to take me to school, once we were in the car I looked at her and said, "I kissed Hunter." then put a hand over my mouth wishing I hadn't said it.

"What?!" she shrieked.

"He told me some things and I felt really bad so i gave him a hug, except when We separated he looked me in the eyes and then ... it happened."

He mouth was wide, "So it was a pity kiss?"

"I don't know!"

"Well you better find out." she said.

She drove off and half way to school I looked at her and asked, "Is it bad that I-I...Um-"

"What is it? Spit it out!" she said.

"Is it bad that i enjoyed it a little?" I asked.

"Wow Scar, really?"

"Yes, it was amazing. He was better than Julian."

i could tell she was about to argue but held back, "Am I a cheater?" I asked.

"What do you mean, its not like you are dating Julian. Are you?"

"No."

"Then your fine."

She pulled into the parking lot of the school and we both got out. Once we were inside everyone was staring at me like I killed their parents.

I got to my locker and saw that someone had taped a picture of me and Hunter kissing on my locker. My mouth opened wide my mouth agape, how could Britney do this?

A tear escaped my eye as I ripped it off. I walked to throw it away and saw Julian staring at me. How could this day get any worse? I thought to myself.

I walked over to him, "Julian I'm so sorry." I said tears pouring out of my eyes.

"How could you do this to me?" he asked as if we were still a couple, I saw hurt in his eyes.

"Look Julian we aren't a couple anymore, we are just friends." I said.

"But it still hurts." he said.

I was mad now, "Really your hurt! Now you know how I felt!" I yelled at him.

Hunter came around the corner girls still following him.

Julian was walking up to Hunter and I knew what was coming next, but before I could yell to stop it Julian had punched hunter right in the jaw. I ran after him and screamed, "Stop it!" the tears fell faster. 

Hunter never got the chance to get him back, I felt like that was for the better.

"What the hell?" Hunter asked.

"You kissed her!" Julian yelled.

"And your point is, I kiss a lot of girls."

I looked at Hunter a little confused but my gaze was interrupted by him speaking, "Look I know you like her, but you aren't dating so I guess that means she doesn't love you," there were Oh's said and Hunter continued, "And before you get all upset maybe you should think of how Scarlett feels, she just got her first kiss with me plastered all over school by a slut."

Julian couldn't speak he just looked at me then back at Hunter, "Don't get mad at her, because kissed her, she tired to pull away but I couldn't stop." he looked at me and smiled. Why did he lie?

Julian must have seen the smile because he punched Hunter again. "That's it." Hunter punched Julian back and they were at it again. I walked away and cried to myself.

***

We were in English and I realized Britney wasn't there, she was lucky, if she had been here I would have pulled out her hair.

Mrs. Sanchez was in the middle of her lesson but I didn't care I turned around and looked at Hunter, "Why did you lie to Julian?" I asked in a whisper.

"Because I figured if I told him the truth, that you enjoyed the kiss and didn't let go until the last second, and still with hesitation. I figured he would break my nose and then end y'alls friendship." he answered with a grin. He was lying, for the most part, about the kiss. I did enjoy it but everything else was a lie.

"Liar." I said.

"What your telling me you didn't enjoy the kiss?"

I looked down then heard Mrs.Sanchez clear her throat, "Yall better be talking about the lesson." she said.

"Why would we?" Hunter asked with his I-could-care-less voice.

"Hunter leave, now and take Ms. Winter with you." 

Not again.

We got up to leave the classroom then someone remarked, "Don't leave them alone, he'll screw her." 

Hunter turned to the sound of the voice and said, "Fuck you." and gave him the finger then walked out before Mrs. Sanchez could do anything about it.

"I know you enjoyed the kiss." Hunter said as we walked through the hallways.

I didn't say anything, "I did to." He said.

I stopped and looked at him, "Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"l listen I have kissed a lot of girls, but you were different, I actually enjoyed it." 

I don't know how long I just stood there and looked at him, the bell rang and kids poured out of classes and passed us.

We held each others gaze then he pulled me close to him and wrapped his arms around my waist. I just stared at him frozen. He moved his hand to cup my face then slowly crept closer, just like in the cafe, except this time I closed the space between us. I breathed in his smell and kissed him. He didn't hold back.

I knew people were staring, but I didn't care anymore, I knew this kiss was not out of pity, and I loved it.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!