Chapter 17: Really?

Chapter 17: Really?

I knew that after what happened yesterday with my and Hunter, I would have to tell someone. So I chose the obvious person, Julie.

I called her and asked if we could meet at the cafe and talk, she immediately excepted my offer, so we met.

I walked over to the table that Julie was sitting at and smiled big, "Why are you so happy?" she asked smiling back and taking a sip of her coffee.

She passed me mine and I answered, "Hunter kissed me."

"Again?" she asked surprised and happy at the same time.

"Yes he took me out to lunch yesterday, we had a picnic and he said he wanted to get to know me better. He has told me his story so he wanted to know mine. I gladly  told him everything, even when I met Julian and how I had a major crush on him. After I was done explaining he asked if I still liked Julian and I told him the truth." I pause.

Julie asked almost screaming, "And what is the truth, Scar?" 

"I told him I wasn't sure."

"Then what?" she asked obviously liking my story.

Just then I heard the door open and saw Julian walk in looking hurt. No one else was here except the workers and me and Julie.

He looked straight at me and I saw a tear escape his eye.

I got up and ran to him and gave him a hug, "What's wrong?"

He began to cry in my shoulder, "Julian what is wrong you are scaring me!" I screamed.

Julie came up behind us and tried to comfort him.

I pulled away a little and looked into his eyes, "Julian you have to tell me what is wrong."

He sucked in tears and answered, "Oh God, Scar its your mom." 

I froze and my legs felt like jello, "W-whats w-wrong with h-her Julian?" I asked on the verge of tears.

"He was in a car accident, I'm so sorry. We need to go to the hospital." He said.

My legs gave out and I fell to the floor and screamed. Julian wasn't crying anymore so he picked me up and cried me like a baby to his car. I cried in his chest as he carried me. He set me in the back set so I could lay down, Julie got in the car and I set my head on her lap as I cried my eyes out.

When we got to the hospital, Julian carried me into the hospital Julie followed. Once we were inside Julian set me down on a chair and the doctors walked in. I was curled up in a ball crying and screaming to myself, I couldn't lose my mom she was all I had left. "Are you Mrs. Winters daughter?" he asked me.

I couldn't answer so Julian answered for me, "Yes she is."

"Well she will survive. She is just in a lot of pain, she cracked two ribs and broke her right leg. You are very lucky it wasn't worse."

"Can we visit?" Julian asked.

"Not right now, I will send a nurse in here when you can."

"Okay thank you." Julian said as the doctor left.

Once he was gone I looked at Julian and gave him a big hug, I was so sad that she was hurt, but so happy she would live. I was so scared.

I looked at Julie and saw she was also crying. I hugged her and we cried to each other, Julian left to go get some snacks. 

I tried to get my mind off of things so I asked, "Would you like to hear the rest of what happened yesterday?"

She laughed slightly and answered, "Sure."

"Where did I stop?"

"You told him that you didn't know is you still like Julian."

"Oh yeah, anyways he then asked 'Well who do you like?' he was inches away from me so I said I liked him and he closed the space between us in a kiss full of passion and want, like he had been wanting it."

Her eyes got wide, "I knew he always liked you." She said now smirking.

She got me to smile until Julian's parents walked through the doors and walked up to me and said, "We're so sorry, Scarlett." They said giving me a hug. I cried just a little when I saw them.

I sucked up my tears and replied, "It's okay she will survive." I was trying to look at the bright side.

Just as I sat back down I saw Hunter run through the doors, I shot up and ran into his arms. Suddenly the tears came back up and I was crying again. "Oh Scar I'm so sorry." Hunter said as he rubbed my back.

Through the sobs I managed to say, "S-she will s-survive, but she i-is still injured."

He kissed my head and said, "That's good, at least she will survive."

I suddenly remembered that his grandfather was in the hospital and asked, "How is your grandfather doing?"

He paused for a moment before answering, "Um he um... He died." 

"What?" I asked surprised and stunned.

"Yeah he died three days ago."

"When are y'all having the funeral?"

"We can't afford one."

I couldn't believe this, he lost his grandfather and they can't bury him. "I can help pay for it."

"No Scar it's okay."

"No it's not Hunter, he needs to have a funeral. I have enough money to pay for one."

He paused, "That is really nice of you but-"

I cut him off, "I'm giving you the money."

"Scar don't-"

"No arguing, I want your grandfather to have a proper burial."

"You are really nice Scar, you don't even know him yet you are willing to spend all your money on him."

"Well if he was anything like you than I can guess he was a pretty nice guy."

He smiled and pulled me back in for a hug, "You really are nice."

Just then the nurse came in and said it was okay to visit now. I ran to her room and gave her a big hug. 

We talked and I stayed with her all day with Hunter, Julian, and Julie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote!

Comment!

And Share!