Chapter 42

Lia

Tank is the first to attack, aiming for my injured side with his leg. Smart, but predictable.

I dodge his kick, sending one of my own into his torso. I catch his sternum with my heel, making him stagger back a little. Using the momentum of my turn, I send an uppercut punch to his face, but since he's so much taller than me, I only manage to catch his jaw, taking him by surprise.

We exchange blow after blow, kick after kick, but we just can't seem to end it, none of us willing to back down.

In the end I manage to get him on the ground. I jump on him, my knees hitting his torso hard, earning a pained groan from him. I swing my arm before aiming a straight punch into Tank's face.

My fist stops less than an inch from his nose when I hear him tap out.

"AND TAP OUT!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! TANK TAPS OUT!!! GHOST CONQUERS THE CAGE ONCE MORE!!! THAT'S OUR QUEEN!" I hear MC's excited voice as he screams into his mic.

I get up from Tank's stomach then extend my hand to him. He gives me a surprised look, but takes my hand nonetheless.

"Good fight."

"You're really good, no wonder I couldn't beat you." Tank chuckles, massaging his dislocated shoulder.

I step away, giving him a slight bow. He returns the gesture with a small smile on his face. I smile under my mask, and as if he notices it, his grin gets wider. "It's been an honor to fight with you." He says as he leaves the cage.

The bodyguards escort me out after I collect my money from the MC. Despite the chaos in the Cage, I manage to catch a glimpse of a familiar face in the crowd. I make sure not to let my gaze linger for too long on their face, so they don't realize I noticed them.

I adjust the bag across my shoulder and get on my bike. Without as much as a glance back, I leave, heading towards my hideout.

Blake

Lia leaves right after the fight, not even acknowledging our presence as she goes through the cheering crowd. She sure is popular.

"Let's go." I turn to the guys, getting up from my seat at the booth.

We leave through the back door, where it's much less crowded before leaving the place. We decided earlier that we're going to meet up at my house and spend the weekend there. And since my parents have to go to work tomorrow, we will be able to talk freely and have a few drinks.

We reach my house around 1 am, so we go straight to our rooms, trying not to wake up my parents. I leave the front door unlocked so Lia can get in when she arrives.

I take a quick shower, washing off the dye from my hair then take out my lenses and brush my teeth, barely awake. How the hell does Lia do it every time she fights, especially on Sundays, when she has to go to school on Monday. I'm falling asleep standing in my bathroom and I'm not even the one who's been fighting tonight. I hope she doesn't get into an accident on her way here.

I lie in my bed, wearing only black briefs as I wait for Lia. I try to stay awake, but after a while a huge yawn escapes my mouth as my eyes close. I shake my head, rubbing my eyes. I will not fall asleep before Lia comes here.

The sound of my bedroom door opening wakes me up from my slumber. Fuck, I fell asleep.

Lia gives me an amused smile. "I woke you up, didn't I? Sorry." She chuckles quietly. I send her a sleepy grin and pat the space next to me. "Come here."