Chapter 45

Lia

I wish I could say everything was fine after my dad left.

But it wasn't.

And I'm fucking pissed right now.

My hand tenses in Blake's as we leave school. The day was peaceful, I was left alone for the most part.

Then why the fuck do they have to ruin it?!

"You sure have guts to show up in front of me." I snarl at the two fuckers.

"Who are they?" Nathan asks from behind me, while Blake just glances curiously at me.

"My biological parents." I take my hand from Blake and cross my arms over my chest. Thank god there are no people in the parking lot apart from the football team who had practice today. I don't want the whole school to witness this and start speculating and gossiping.

"You're kidding me!" Blake doesn't even try to hide his shock, neither do others.

The two people in front of me look exactly like they did when they left me. The woman is still as annoyingly pretty as she used to be, her long blonde hair flowing down her back in perfect waves and her deep blue eyes staring at me with no hint of emotion in them. She's always been like that towards me, but I have never realized it until now. There's no remorse in her gaze even after what she, what they, did. The man also looks just like I remember him, just a little older. It's been almost 7 years after all. His crisp shirts and suits became t-shirts and jeans, his cleanly shaved face is now covered in stubble, his brown hair is still as short as it used to be, and his eyes have not lost the warmth that I always loved. He used to be my rock, my friend, my beloved father, but now all I feel towards him is resentment and disappointment.

"Can we talk?" He asks, staring at me pleadingly.

I just stare at them coldly for a while before turning to Blake.

"Will you come with me?" I take his hand back in mine. He silently nods and kisses my forehead.

"Of course I will if that's what you want."

"Thank you." I squeeze his hand lightly.

"We're going home. See you tomorrow." Will says from behind me before the guys leave.

"Bye." I don't take my eyes off the two people on front of me as I speak. "Why don't we take this somewhere else? I don't want to talk to you here. Go to Jen's diner. We'll be there soon." I walk towards Blake's car, not waiting for a response.

"Are you okay? You look pale." Blake turns to me right after getting inside, not even bothering to turn on the ignition. He puts his hand on my forehead before running his fingers through my hair. "You don't seem to have a fever, but you don't look so well. Are you sure you want to do this?" He sounds worried and I don't blame him. I feel fucking sick just thinking about talking to those two motherfuckers.

I wordlessly move over the console to get on Blake's lap, straddling him. I feel him tense up as I wrap my arms around his neck, but he relaxes after a moment, engulfing me in a comforting hug.

"Just 5 minutes." I mumble into his neck, burying my face in it. Blake sighs and strokes my hair. I can't even express how happy I am to have him right now. I don't want to do this alone.

Blake kisses my shoulder, rubbing my back. He's always so warm. He doesn't say anything, knowing I don't need words right now. I sink further into his embrace, tightening my arms around him.

After few minutes I lean back, but Blake's arms don't leave my waist as he stares at me.

"Are you feeling better?" He worriedly asks, cupping my cheek and caressing it with his thumb.