Chapter 39

Blake

"You've got to be shitting me!" Lia's angry voice reaches me as I eat my breakfast, well, lunch actually. I make my way to the front door, not even minding that I'm still shirtless and that my hair is wet.

I burst out laughing at the sight in front of me, as Lia is quietly seething. Wrapping my arms around her, I pull her close to me, so she doesn't gouge someone's eyes out.

"Hey, you two." Damien greets with a suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows, causing the other guys to chuckle. Lia just narrows her eyes in annoyance, huffing lightly. She gets out of my arms before heading inside.

"And there goes my weekend! Just one fucking time I want to be lazy!" I catch her mumble angrily as she storms to the kitchen. The other guys clearly hear her too, as they laugh, but one glare from my angry girl shuts them up.

"You look like you just woke up." Nathan jokes as the guys come in. Since Lia didn't smash the door in their faces, I'm guessing it's okay to let them in.

"That's because I did. I was eating when you arrived. What brings you here?" I ask, getting back to my unfinished food.

"We wanted to congratulate Ghost on her win." Damien answers, grinning cheekily. I feel my jaw drop, while Lia looks like she's about to faint.

"What... did you just say?" She asks slowly, clenching her fists by her sides.

"You're Ghost, right?"

Lia glares at me accusingly. Does she think I told them?

"Oh, no, no. Blake didn't tell us. We figured it out on our own." Nathan adds, seeing Lia's expression.

"Am I getting careless? Just one night and so many people find out!" She grumbles, running her hand through her wet hair as she paces around the kitchen.

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with us. But I have to say, you just got so much hotter, Clarke." Damien winks at her. That little shit is after my girl!

"Back off, she's mine." I warn him.

"I know, I know. Just wanted to mess with you a little." He laughs, seating down at the counter before stealing a toast off my plate.

"Hey!" That thief!

Lia leans against the cupboard across the kitchen and crosses her arms against her chest as she regards the guys with a hard look.

"How did you find out?" She gets straight to the point. I finish my coffee then take my dishes to the sink, while Will answers Lia's question.

"You left right after your fight, and we followed right behind. Then that asshole grabbed you and you told him to get his hands off. Blake looked like he was going to have a heart attack when he told me to take him home. – I cringe at that. It is my fault she got exposed! – I pretended to go home after dropping him at his house, but in fact, I followed him. He was so distressed he didn't even notice two cars following him." Will chuckles, amused.

"When he arrived at your place, we just put two and two together." Damien adds. "But no worries, we won't tell anyone."

"You better not!" I growl at them.

Lia sighs, rubbing her forehead tiredly. "You better stay quiet, guys! It's bad enough that so many people know about me already." She looks so tired suddenly.

"How are you feeling?" Damien asks worriedly, making Lia look at him confused.

"Huh?"

"You got stabbed yesterday. Are you okay?" I'm going to punch him in the face if he keeps ogling her.