EPILOGUE: Love And Happiness

Magsimula sa umpisa

JD smiles at her and pokes her side, making her giggle more. He's such a good big brother with her. He reminds me so much of how Nate was with Heather and I'm glad he got that trait from him.

"Okay let's hurry up and finish this before Daddy gets off of work," I encourage them and make my way back around to the stove to finish making dinner for Nate's special day.

Today is Nate's thirty-first birthday. He groaned and complained this morning when I woke him up to kissing his face and telling him happy birthday. He'd told me he's officially over the hump and getting old. I'd told him to quit being grumpy and that he's my old man and of course that lead to us playing in bed as he tickled me with kisses and itchy fingers.

We didn't have time to do anything else before we both had to get up and get not only us ready for the day, but both our babies. Not to mention, a few moments later our bedroom door opened up to a messy haired little girl that came climbing up into the bed with us. I couldn't get upset though, we always make time for intimate moments later on.

I am nervous about tonight though. Because, not only are we surprising him with cupcakes and dinner, I also have a surprise of my own. I already have the gift set up at the top of our closet that I plan on giving him tonight once the kids have gone to bed. I thought about announcing it at dinner but I didn't want to take away from the celebration and all of the hard work the kids have put into it.

We finally get everything together, the balloons, the streamers, the cupcakes, and the dinner are all ready to go for when Nate walks through the front door. I look at the time and he should be here any moment. When the kids hear his truck pull up outside, they shriek in excitement and run to the front door. I get my phone ready to take a video for this special moment.

I hear the front door open and the kids run outside to meet him before he even gets to the front porch. I laugh as I watch through the bay window. He picks up Sarah and holds her in his arms while kissing her cheek. He takes off his hat and sits it on top of JD's head and then pulls him in for a big boy hug.

When they come through the front door, Sarah jumps down from his arms and bounces in excitement telling him to hurry as he takes off all of his gear. He laughs at her wondering what she's so excited about.

"Daddy hurry up! There's something in the kitchen for you!" she shouts annoyed, tugging on his hand as she leads him to the kitchen.

JD comes and stands next to me as he wraps his arms around my midriff. He's still so attached to me even after all this time. Of course since he's got older he doesn't act this cuddly in front of his friends but he's still loving none-the-less so I don't mind him trying to act like a big tough guy, Nate was the same way.

"Surprise!" she yells excitedly as she holds her hands out towards the kitchen island that's all decorated for his birthday. He smiles and picks her up to kiss her cheek.

"Did you do all of this for me baby girl?" he asks her and looks over at me with a smile.

"Yes Daddy, Bubba helped but Mama did all the hard stuff and let us do all the decorating. The blue ones are mine Daddy. Do you like them?" she asks curiously as she smiles up at him.

"I love them baby girl," he smiles warmly at her and showers her with kisses. She giggles and wraps her little arms around him, snuggling into his chest.