Thirty Four - Sangeeth

Start from the beginning

"See mom! She looks perfect in that saree which I had selected for her!" Reni said to her mom.

"You are fabulous too sis, Thank you!" I smiled at her.

"Its not because of the saree you selected Reni. How wouldn't she? She is my son's selection!" Reni's mom said while pinning flowers to my hair.

I rolled my eyes only to my mom throwing a glare at me.

I was quite almost the entire ride to the temple which was 3 hours from my home. We got there by 8. The preparation was already taken care of the priest there. After sitting a long in the homam, my eyes ran out of tears!

We went to eat after all this. I tried to act as calm as I don't want to disappoint Vijay. And also that Vibhan is not around. I was checking my phone now and then expecting Pratvik's call or text. But there was none. Odd!

"Are you expecting someone's call?" Reni asked me out of nowhere startling me.

"U-uhh... N-no s-sis! Its... Ahhh..." I stammered when all eyes are focusing me. Darn!

"You might be tired, Shakshi! Actually I too hate all these customs. But wedding, this beautiful dream is going to happen once in our life. And having a husband like your bother... its worthy much to go through all this!" she giggled looking at Vijay.

I just nodded thanking god that I didn't get caught!

"So, tell me Shakshi. How's your dream wedding should be?" Reni asked me finishing her food.

"Not much sis. Grand traditional wedding is not at all my thing. Why should there be so much fuss in tieing a knot when two hearts are already united!" I said dwelling in thoughts of Pratvik and digging into my sweet.

There was silence around me after that, which made me look up and check on them. They were seriously looking at me with widened eyes. Did I said something wrong?

"Mmm... Sis?" I bit my lower lip.

"Nothing dear! Please eat!" Reni shook her head and Vijay gave a chuckle at that. I just shrugged!

It was evening when we returned home. I was exhausted like anything. The travel was not pleasent and all the climbing up the hill to the temple was enough for me to complain. I went straight to my room and changed into something comfortable after a shower. It was really a sunny day!

But my mom took me down stairs to be with them. I m so mad right now, with every single person! I don't know, its because Pratvik! Still, there is no response for my calls and texts.

I vaguely sat there and showed no interest to Reni who was busy in arranging her accessories and jewels for tomorrow's Sangeeth!

When I went back to my room excusing my mom that I m not feeling well at 9 in the night, I locked the door and screamed in frustration throwing my phone to the floor. Tears brimmed. My body was all tired and my heart sank in depression.

Why is he doing this? Its been a whole day that he ignored me. I was so mad and decided not to speak to him again. But at the same time I'm dieing to hear his words!

I curled myself on the bed and tears flowed down my cheeks and I have no idea when sleep engulfed me!

Pratvik's Pov

"Where is Shakshi? I'm already landed here in the airport, Reni." I asked Reni.

"Hey Prassy! She is in her room. She said she was tired! You can come now. We already sent you the car to the airport!"

"See you then! Bye dear!"

When I reached Shakshi's home, its all lit up with lamps all over. It looked like a temple festival. Shakshi's mom welcomed me with more affection and served my dinner.