Thirty Four - Sangeeth

Shakshi's Pov

We have got just one day for Reni sis's Sangeeth. I was so happy about that. One, The party is going to held in hotel. Two, There will be more dance, songs, games and fun. Three... I m going back to Pratvik the day after the wedding! Though I'm saturated in the love of my family and friends here, I long for his love!

I went asleep around midnight after calling Pratvik many times. He might be busy! I woke to the door knockings early in the morning. We don't have any functions today. I just hoped to take rest and stay in the room all day, escaping from Vibhan and 'the drama'!

My mom dressed in her silk saree was beaming at me when I opened it. Wait... I knew that smile! She needs something to be done!

"Shakshi dear! Have you slept good?"

I rolled my eyes and turned around to look the clock. It showed 4 in the morning?!

"Why are your eyes look red? And whats with the dark circles? Didn't you went to sleep at 9 yesterday? I sent you early to your room to sleep. Look at you! Shakshi. You are looking dull." she said cupping my face.

"What do you want mom?" I sighed.

"Actually Reni's family is going to a temple today. Some offerings and prayers to be done for the wedding it seems."

"So, why are you disturbing me for their family thing, mom?" I cut her off, irritated.

"Reni's mother asked for you to accompany them!" she said with a smile.

"Oh... Is it because of Vibhan?"

"No. No... He is not coming there. Its... Uh... Please dear, please go with them for me!" she pinched my cheek.

"Fine mom! Stop that pleading act!"

"Wear this dear. Reni's mom gave this for you!" she handed me a beautiful peacock woven bordered silk saree.

 Reni's mom gave this for you!" she handed me a beautiful peacock woven bordered silk saree

Red and white? Ready to fight then! Here comes the drama again!

"You look beautiful dear!" mom said after braiding my hair.

I went down stairs to see Reni's family and Vijay was already waiting down there for me.