"I don't mean to step in, but I promised Amber we would hangout as a way for me to thank her for everything."

For some reason, this takes everyone by surprise as they look at Damien wide eyed.

Which left me puzzled.

They looked... proud?

Like you know that look that parents get when their baby starts taking their first steps?

That's it.

...

Ahhh what am I even thinking? I might be going insane.

"Awwww-....... I MEAN YEAH. We don't mind. Not at all. I'm definitely not freaking out. I-... I mean who would? Is it hot in here?" Julie starts to fan herself while looking around nervously.

I was confused by her actions, but everyone else almost had an "I'm used to it" look on their face.

I look over at Damien to see his cheeks tinted just the tiniest bit of pink as he places his hand on my back like you would when you direct someone somewhere.

Yeah I think Julie was right.

It is hot in here.

Luke shakes his head at Julie as he looks at us, "Don't mind her, she's in an emotional state right now because she misses her boyfriend-..."

"I'M PERFECTLY FINE-..." he covers her mouth as she gives him a glare.

"You two kids have fun, Amber you deserve it." He smiles, but it suddenly winces as Julie bites down on his hand.

"OWWW!!! Ella she bit me!!"

"You deserved it." She smirks as she fist bumps Julie, who gives Luke an evil grin.

"But you are supposed to be on my side~...." he whines, as everyone laughs at him.

"Sorry Babe but fries before guys."

"Fries?"

"As in we are going to McDonalds. As in for that comment you are not invited." Julie smirks.

"What!!! Ella!!" He again whines to his girlfriend, who only rolls her eyes but laughs at his behavior.

They all soon start to playfully bicker with one another which was honestly quite amusing.

But the sound is suddenly blocked off by a whisper.

Damien's words and breath tickle my ear as I try not to blush at the closeness between us, "You want to leave now?"

I nod my head at his words, and with his hand still on my back, he directs me towards the exit with him closely behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Need help?" Damien laughs at me, as he seems me struggling to get my ice skates on.

"If you don't mind." I blush as he kneels down in front of me and helps me to put them on, before standing up and grabbing both of my hands to pull me up off the bench.