Ch. 33 : Grown man

— 4 years later —

Daehan : 17 y.o.              Kiran : 10 y.o

Y/N : 30 y.o.                    Jungkook: 33 y.o

"Daehan, don't forget to check if he enters the school with his friend, alright?" I put the school bag of my baby on his shoulder, making sure his jeans jacket is well put. "Alright, I will."

"Perfect," I squat down and peck my son's forehead as he smiled at me. "You're going to listen to Daehan and never let go of his hand, right my love?"

"Yes daddy," he nods and stares into my eyes, being alone to do this and take care of these two boys. "Make sure to eat your food and drink regularly, Daehan will be the one taking you back home because daddy has to work a bit more today, okay my baby?"

"Will I see you later...?" his thin rosy lips curl down at my words, "Of course you will my love, I'll just arrive maybe one hour after you."

"Okay," he wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek. "I love you, daddy, see you later."

"See you later honey, daddy loves you a lot too," I peck his forehead for the last time, brushing his little hands with my fingers before standing up. "Daehan, in thirty minutes you leave the house to not be late, hm?" I peek at him while taking hold of my car's keys and bag. He nods to me and sits down on the sofa with his nephew, allowing me to head to the entry room and not waste a single second.

"I love you both, see you later," I look at them one more time and go out once I hear them answering with the same words. Even though I'm always fearful about leaving them all alone to go to school, I don't have another choice but do it, so I hurry to put my jacket and shoes on, to rush out and get to my car.

Since I cannot wait, I buckle my seatbelt on and dial my baby's name before getting on the road.

"Hello?" she answers me. "Oh honey, is everything alright?"

"Yes, she just cried a little bit at the beginning but nothing bad, she's happy with the gift she got from the dentist," her words relief me, my heart which hasn't stopped pounding since this morning when I knew she would do this now slowing down. "Ah...thank god...but where are you right now? Are you already in your car?" I keep my eyes on the road, trying to focus while talking with her. "No, I'm walking up to it."

"Do you think you'll be able to be home within thirty minutes?" I nibble on my lips, hoping for her to be there to drive our boys to school and not let them make the way by feet. "Oh...I'm not sure but we'll see, I'll maybe be a bit late of two minutes but I'm going to try."

"No honey, be careful on the road and don't rush. I just wanted to ask but if you know this won't be possible, it's okay," I tell her with some worries, not wanting to know that she's driving a bit fast just because of what I said. "Yes don't worry baby. I'm just going to pass the phone to Areum now, she hasn't stopped asking for you and I need to drive."

"Okay, I love you," I smile at the thought of my baby girl talking to me. "I love you too," she gives me back in a cute manner before moving the phone and allowing me to hear my little baby of three years old. "Daddy?"

"Aw my baby love, how are you? Your teeth aren't hurting anymore?" I unconsciously use a ridiculous tone to talk to her, my voice always changing once I'm talking to her. "I'm okay. The Mister gave me a gift because I did great and was a big girl."

"Daddy is proud of you my love," I beam like an idiot, only the sound of her voice bringing a lot of joy and delight to me. "What have you got as a gift?"