Ch. 28 : Strong bond

"It's Jungkook, he wants to talk to you."

I take a deep breath and lay my container filled with food on my lap, to take the device. "Hello?"

"H—Honey...how are you...? Has the pain disappeared...?" his voice full of worry pass through my ear, the trembling side of it setting me in wonder. "I'm feeling better..."

"Good...I'm relieved..." he snivels as if he was crying, "You should eat and drink something...my dad took some—"

"I know, I already am..." I point out to not make him talk for nothing. "Oh...so...that means you're not feeling nauseous anymore?"

"For now...I'm alright..." I move my spoon into the food under my nose, not knowing what to say and feeling weird. "Okay, I'm relieved to hear it. I'm going to come back quickly...I'm close to Daehan's school..."

"Alright..." I bite my upper lip and squeeze the both of them together, nervous and sort of grieved. "Eat well honey...I love you..." he sniffles one more time, his shaky voice not ceasing to sound different. "I love you too."

He lets a moment of silence remain between us, awkwardly not hanging up. "I—I love you a lot honey..." he speaks before ending the call, my heart aching at the sound of his anguish making it impossible for me to even be upset or anything. I lock the phone and hand it back to Hyun-joon, getting touched by Kiran who couldn't hold back from moving his hands up to my arm. I smile but withdraw my hand from his skin, to make sure to not have any physical contact with him.

•••

"Stay here, okay?" Jungkook puts me down on the sofa, coming back from the hospital and not letting me walk on my own. I nod to let him go back to Daehan who had to stay with his little nephew to not leave him alone.

I'm feeling weird with him, against my will, as if my heart was telling me that I was just a dumb girl for not trusting him but also, trusting him without fearing any lies to be coming from the one I love more than anything. I try not to think about the picture and video I saw but just stand up, no matter what Jungkook told me, I need to take a shower and clear my mind.

I head to our bedroom to have access to our own bathroom and don't take too much time to get to there, remove my clothes from me and go in the walk-in shower, to do my stuff. I don't know if this is the fatigue or else, but I cannot stop feeling a knot in my throat, on the verge of letting my sobs and tears run out in rivers.

I doubted Jimin's statement when he came here, but once I received those image and video, I lost all my confidence in Jungkook as if I was back at the beginning of your relationship, scared that I could be taken for a fool and be cheated on. That feels unreal, what I saw on that screen, it looked exactly like him, no one can look so similar, which makes this even horrible for me in this situation.

"Honey?" Jungkook knocks on the door, making me realize that I'm crying for no good reasons. I don't answer to not let my voice quiver and expose my sobs, but he enters the room in a quiet manner to check on me. "Baby...why didn't you stay on the sofa...?" he closes the door behind him, walking up to me as I'm keeping the water running to make sure my tears just escape through it. "I needed to take a shower..."

"I'm going to cook the dinner, call me if something is going on or that you don't feel good...okay?" he remains calm, caring about me as always. "I will..."

"Are you sure you don't want to take a bath with me...?" he doesn't move away as expected, staying with me and keeping an eye on my sick self. "Yes...I just want to make it quick."

"Alright baby, I'm going to put your pajamas on the bed for you and then cook, hm?" he says one last time, so I answer him with an "Okay" and let him go out of the room, to just not hold anything back anymore.