Chapter 21 : Sick

— Next day —

'JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V'

"Sweetheart, are you ready?" I put Daehan's schoolbag on the sofa as I'm still holding my son after feeding him. "Yes Kookie!" he smiles at me, sipping on his strawberry milk.

"Alright, I'm going to go wake mommy—" I mistake the word again, always mixing up mommy and Cuddle since I often forget the fact that he is not my son. "I mean Cuddle," I correct it and step inside the bedroom as I haven't woken my wife yet, wanting her to rest as much as she wants and needs to. However, I need to do it since I'm going to leave and that Kiran is awake.

I sit down on the edge of the mattress, her body turned to back me with the blanket covering half of her. I pass my hand over her hip and try to make her come back to consciousness kindly. "Honey..."

I lean over her a bit more but put Kiran down on the blanket, for him to face his mother and allow me to be more free of my movements. I bend over her and press my lips on her cheek, to pass my fingers through her hair, but notice that something is odd.

"H—Honey?" I turn her around, making her wake up. "Hm...?" she lifts her arm up to her face, squinting at the light that must be too bright for her eyes that were closed a second ago. I push her bangs up with my fingers and check her temperature, feeling worried about the sweat covering her skin. "Are you okay?"

"Uh...I don't know...not really..." she keeps her eyes closed, pulling the blanket up. "You seem to have a fever..." I bite my lips but stand up, getting inside our bathroom to take hold of a thermometer and coming back to her. I open the buttons of her shirt as she doesn't really seem to be feeling good at all, which is terribly stressing me out.

I put the thermometer under her armpit even if that's not the best method, this will still tell me if she indeed has a fever, which I would doubt if it was not the case. "How are you feeling...?" I pass my hand through her hair, concerned about her a lot. "I'm cold and my head is aching as ever...but..." she bends her head to the side and wraps her gentle fingers around my wrist to pull it towards her and check the time. "You have to go drive Daehan to school baby..."

I shake my head and lean over her, putting my hand at the other side of her body to rest it on the blanket. "I think Daehan is going to skip and we'll just tell the teacher he was sick in the morning...I can't let you all alone in here in this state with Kiran..."

"Jungkook...don't be pig-headed...school is important at his age...okay? I'm fine, it must be a simple fever, its nothing serious," she brushes my hand with her fingers but takes a look at our son who climbed onto her. I instantly pick him up to make sure she doesn't have to deal with his weight on her on the condition that she is. I sit him down on my lap but lay my eyes on her.

"Honey...this will just a day...I don't want to leave if you're sick..." I place my hand on her thigh, stroking it up and down while holding Kiran who's playing with the buttons of my dress shirt. "Jungkook—" the bipping sound of the thermometer interrupts her, she grabs it before I could even touch it and squint at the tiny screen, to read the numbers. "See...that's just a little fever..." she drops it on the bed without showing me.

"How much?" I question her, feeling like she's trying to hide it from me. "This is a little fever baby—" my hand grabbing the item without any warning stops her in her sentence, "38.3°C?!" my heart skips a bit at the number seen. I'm not feeling good. "Baby! This is not a little fever that you have right now!"

"I'm fine...it's alright..." she glances away, refusing to admit that she is sick and not good. I know her way too much to believe in those words. I drop the item on the bed. "You can't that to me honey. You know how freaki—" I cut myself off to not say any bad words in front of Kiran who is opening my shirt for no reasons. "I mean...you know how worried to death I get even when you catch a simple cold honey. You have to tell me if you're not feeling good, no matter the fact that this will make me worried. You have to tell me everything..."