Chapter 32 - Fucked Up

Start from the beginning

Oh no...

There he stood, my beautiful green headed boyfriend, his eyes filled with tears. His bottom lip was trembling and he stared at the scene with a loss of words. Shitty hair glanced between us with a confused gaze before shock ran over him. He was still dazed and not fully himself when Midoriya slammed the door shut.

"I-I..." Kirishima choked out but I wasn't having it. No more Mr Nice Guy. Bakugou Katsuki is back bitches.
"No! I don't want to hear your fucking petty excuses!" I hissed pushing him onto the wall and hitting him in the face.
"I thought you were my fucking friend! You shitty haired bastard!"

"I-I'm so sorry..." he sobbed, now sitting on the ground with his legs pulled up and his hands covering his face. I huffed in annoyance before quickly leaving the bathroom, barely seeing Izuku grab the last of his stuff with tears in his eyes. The others had no idea what was going on, trying to talk to him and stop him.
"Izuku wait!" I called out as he ran out the door. Without thinking, I ran after him.

I kept shouting his name in the hope he would stop and listen to me. I yelled pathetic apologies and stupid love confessions as I kept chasing him. It was already dark out and I was worried for him. A quirkless shouldn't be running out in the dark late at night... Some scumbag could snatch him away and hurt him. Hurting him is the last thing I want right now...

"Izu! Please! I-I can explain!"

"No! Stop! I don't want to hear it!" he yelled back, his voice breaking because of the tears. He stopped in his tracks and turned around to glare at me. His face was tearstained and his shoulders were shaking due to the heavy crying. None the less, in that moment his eyes seemed to glow. The bright emerald green I so loved, was now looking at me with disgust and hatred.
"Go back to Kirishima! Tell him that he won!" he continued.
"O-or do you really think I don't know he likes you!"

I was at a loss of words. Did Midoriya really see it before I knew about it? Did it make him jealous? No matter that, it did make things a whole lot worse right now...
"I hate you! I don't want to see you ever again!" he cried before turning around and running again. This time I didn't follow him. I stood absolutely still, like frozen to the ground, unable to move. My mind and body didn't seem to be on the same page, since all I wanted was to go after him.

But my heart ached at those words. 'I hate you!' Did he really mean that..?
"I love you..." rolled breathlessly off my lips, as if that desperate attempt to bring him back by my side ever reached his ears. I love him. I love Midoriya Izuku. Why have I never told him that? Why didn't I say to him everyday since we first met or when we said our last goodbye's?

I love you, Izuku

But now he's gone... Slipped through my fingers... Tears welled up in my eyes as I fell down to my knees on the dirty road beneath me. And in that moment, I cried out. I yelled and shouted, just like I did when both Izuku and Eijirou were taken from me. Because I felt just as hopelessly lost as I did back then. I lost them... I lost both of them... I pulled at my hair as my body doubled over, crying out in pain and agony. I blew it... I fucked up...

Pov Todoroki
I was walking through HQ with a checklist at hand, going over all the repairs that happened the last few weeks. Midoriya ordered me to check on them, make sure the base was as strong as ever. Luckily being exposed to the world didn't mean I lost any authority in here. People still feared me and treated me with respect, maybe even more so than before. I also like the fact I could just walk around without having to bother about any kind of dresscode.

Transformed or not, villain costume or not, it didn't matter anymore. The mask was just an accessory at this point. So right now I was transformed and dressed like Ace, but I didn't wear the mask. It bothered me from time to time so if it wasn't necessary, I wouldn't wear it. I looked down upon the checklist, seeing the last stop was the animal wing of the base. Yeah, we don't want those to break out again... It would be a nightmare to chase them down again. Ugh, such a hassle...

When I opened the door to the animal wing, I was greeted with open cages. My eyes widened as I noticed they were empty. Where the hell did those monsters run off to?!
"Oh, hi Ace" the monotone voice of Shinsou called out from next to me. I turned to face him, seeing that he was preparing food for the animals. Shinsou was transformed but he wasn't wearing his work clothes. Instead he wore a D.E.K.U. hoodie with some dark skinny jeans. He pulled a strand of his hair back as he continued.

"Don't worry, they're all accounted for. We let them out of their cages for a bit, I'm sure the boss won't mind, right?"
He looked up at me with those bright purple eyes, a questioning gaze lingering on his face.
"Where are they now?" I asked.
"All the way in the back with Kami... They all love him for some reason" he shrugged.
"So what are you doing here?"

I waved with the checklist in my hand and he let out a soft 'Ah' of acknowledgement. I walked through the entire animal section, controlling all the things I had to check and crossed them off the list. That was until I saw Kaminari sitting in the middle of a large open cage, a huge snake laying around him, a squirrel on his head, a cat purring while rubbing against him and a bunny in his lap. There was also a dog laying against his leg, seemingly sleeping and a few birds sat peacefully on top of the snake.

What the hell?

"Uhm..?" I breathed out in a confused manner, earning his attention.
"Oh hi Todoroki!" he smiled while petting the little monsters.
"Did you know there is a bunny that changes colour? It's so cool! Oh and this dog explodes just like Bakugou, it's awesome!"
"Glad you're enjoying yourself but uhm that is the boss' personal comfort animal on your lap. Just saying"

"Pfft, personal comfort animal" Denki laughed.
"Besides, he's not here, is he? He has gone bowling with the Bakusquad in my place and knowing them, he won't be back for a long time"

It was then I noticed his laugh was strained and forced. Fake. I frowned. Of course he is affected by this, we all are. It was dumb of me to think Kaminari was still just his happy self without having changed through the course of this all. He was the first one to get exposed after all, and also the one who had the most to lose if you ask me.

"Feeding time. Get them all back to their cages" Shinsou said as he walked up to us, holding a small bowl. He put it down and Purrcy instantly ran up to us, eating obediently. With that we all guided the little monsters back to their cages gave them their food.
"It's kinda sad they're all locked up all the time..." Denki pouted as he watched Dandelion aggressively eat his meal.

"They're not locked up all the time. I heard Izuku-kun plays with them and the other employees care for them too" Shinsou stated, trying to cheer up his boyfriend.
"Employees" I snorted.
"Just call it what they are, criminals. The other criminals"
"Tss, whatever" the indigo haired male scoffed, crossing his arms. Kaminari sensed the growing tension and quickly got in between us.

"I call a revenge match at Yahtzee, who's in?"
I eyed him in surprise, a small smile lingering on my lips.
"Oh yeah? Who says you'll ever be able to beat me?"
"Oh it's on" Shinsou smirked, a devilish glimmer in his eyes.  With that we made our way to the Green Reaper quarters, which were basically our living quarters now, teasing each other the whole way.

That was until we walked up the stairs and saw Midoriya crying his eyes out on the big king sized bed we weren't allowed to touch. It stood in an apart section of the floor but since it was a very open floorplan, we were still able to see it.
"Izuku-kun?" Shinsou whispered, making his head rise just a little. His eyes were puffy and red, his face covered in ugly tears.

"W-what happened?" I asked as I ran over to him, instantly holding him close to my chest. Even though he's my boss and saviour, I somehow saw him as a little brother I had to protect. I would kill whoever dared to hurt him!
"K-Kacchan..." he choked out, crying even more now. We all froze up at that. Did something happen to Bakugou? Did he get kidnapped again? Or was he hurt from a fight?

By now Kaminari was hugging him from behind, trying to be comforting. It was weird since I had the idea they didn't exactly got along all that well.
"K-Kacchan ch-cheated on me!" he cried out, gripping my shirt and brawling his eyes out. I froze at those words. Bakugou...cheated? I didn't expect something like that from someone so prideful... But then again, I don't really know him all that well.

It seemed to shock Denki to his core as his grip on Midoriya grew stronger. I could see in his eyes he feared for his blond friend's life.
"I'll go get the comfort food, you keep doing what you're doing" Shinsou mumbled, quickly walking out of sight. Oh when I get my hands on you Bakugou...