Chapter 17 - Fighter

Start from the beginning

Hard at work, while this sexy man is still in bed.

She laughs and puts her phone in her back pocket. Ready to get to work and serve the regulars their breakfast.

It's busy that morning and on top of that, most of the people in the cafe saw the ad and want to talk to her about it. Jo manages to talk to everyone and serve the food and drinks. But once the rush is over she collapses on a chair in the kitchen.

Jake walks in and hands her a cup of tea and she sips it, slowly relaxing. 

He sits down across from her and asks: "Are you okay?" 

Jo looks up at him: "Yeah. Just tired from all the guests wanting to know about the ad. I wonder how Dart does that. I want to stay nice, but I get more uncomfortable with every new question."

Jake places his hand on hers. 

"You look gorgeous though and those people just want to feel like they know this beautiful woman, so they can tell their friends all about it. And you are very approachable, Dart isn't for various reasons. But if it gets too much, give me a sign and I will come up with an excuse for you."

Jo smiles at Jake and nods at him as a thank you. She drinks more of her tea and takes out her phone. She has a new follower and sees it's Mister Tailor. She follows him back and sees the full ad on his page. She checks the replies. She sees a lot of positive ones and people asking if there's another part of the campaign. 

Dart replied to her picture. 

Taking a shower right now.
I'm coming over. 

Jo laughs at his message and replies with a kiss. 

She is standing behind the bar when he walks in, staring into her eyes as he walks over to her. He hugs and kisses her.

"That damn Dirk. With his muse." 

Jo laughs and sees some new guests come in, walking over to the bar with a newspaper. They want to hear more about the ad or even ask for Dart's autograph. Jo is tired of all the attention already and speaks up.

"Buy a drink and get an answer to one question. I am trying to work here people."

The guests go silent for a second and then start ordering. She hears a chuckle behind her and knows it Jake. 

"I thought you needed saving, but leave it to you to come up with something like that." 

Dart's phone rings and he kisses her and moves over to a table in the corner to pick it up. He smiles as he talks on the phone and Jo wonders who he is talking to. But she is too busy serving guests to ask him about it.

While she works, Dart's phone keeps ringing and he seems to enjoy all of the conversations. When she has a second to breathe, she walks over to him and sits down at his table. She hears the end of the conversation. 

"I'll ask her. Not promising anything though. Just send your proposal to my e-mail." 

Jo raises her eyebrows and Dart smiles at her. 

"Oh Jo, this ad is on fire. Everyone wants you, me or us together. It's hard to keep track and the final stage hasn't even begun yet." 

Jo gets nervous and chews her lip. 

Dart places his hand on her leg and says: "Don't worry about it. I told Mister Tailor and Dirk to send them all to me. And you don't have to accept any of it. I did get one really nice request though. Want to hear about it?" 

Jo is a bit curious and nods. 

"The designer of the dresses you wear in the campaign called. She really wants to do a mirror campaign with you. With you as the model, wearing clothes from her new collection and me as the guy in the campaign."