03.

Emily woke up with a start. She was somehow back in her bed with Armageddon in between her legs. She slowly sat up and stretches, her heart skipping a few beats and freezing up when she noticed Officer Lindsay  standing at her desk, looking at a photo.

Emily slowly climbed out of bed. "Hey." She says quietly as she approaches Lindsay.

"Oh shit! Sorry, didn't know you were awake. Sorry, I was uhm.. just looking at this. This is your family?" She asks, rubbing her neck. "I wasn't snooping around, I promise.. this photo just caught my eye when I came in to check on you."

"No, no it's alright.. yeah, that's my older brother.. and my sisters and my parents.."  Emily responds.

"Sorry.. I just don't know my family.. that's why it intrigued me." Lindsay apologized again, looking over at Emily sheepishly.

"Well, you must have had beautiful family." Emily smiles, "You're just gorgeous." She said that sincerely. In fact, she wished she looked more like her.

Lindsay was a natural light ginger, with gorgeous green eyes and freckles all over her face. She was muscular, but not too muscular to the point that Emily thought she was disgusting.

"Oh! Thank you!" Lindsay blushes bright red and smiles, "I think you're gorgeous too!" She says softly and then looks down at her.

"Yeah, anyway," Emily blushes and smiles, "I never really knew my brother and one of my sisters.. they were twins and they passed before I could know them. My brother passed from an illness and my sister killed herself after." She tears up and nods. "But they're in a better place.." she wipes her eyes and nods, "My other sister took off and I haven't seen her since... she left when I was fourteen. She was just barely eighteen. Holy shit... I hope she's not involved with Samcro!"

"Samcro?" Lindsay raises her eyebrows. "Shit. They're dangerous. You need to stay away from them and the mayans.. or you'll end up dead." She warns Emily, looking at her sympathetically. "I'm sorry about your siblings though. What about your parents?"

"They're still alive. They actually encouraged me to move away." Emily nods. "Said the move would do me good after I got depressed."

"I'm really sorry, love." Lindsay says gently and pulls her into a hug, running a hand through her hair as she just started sobbing uncontrollably. "Awe, love, it's alright. They're in a better place.. I'm sure they would want you to be happy instead of upset."

It takes a few minutes until Emily can get control of emotions. "Crap, I'm so sorry.." she whispers and wipes her eyes.

"No, it's absolutely no problem." Lindsay says softly and watches her let go. "I'm your friend now. I'm here for whatever, whenever."

"Thanks, Lindsay." She smiles and then looks up at her. "Hungry? I am! We should make pancakes!" Her mood changed fast.

Lindsay admired that about her. She was just a very positive and happy person. Emily could cheer herself up immediately. Lindsay wished she could do that.

"Let's go!" Lindsay cheers and calls Armageddon, heading downstairs with Emily. She watches her skip into the kitchen.. she was so resilient.

Emily takes out the pancake mix from the fridge, along with butter and syrup. "Is Luke already at the station?"

"Yeah, he left like an hour ago." Lindsay responds and smiles. "Oh! We should make bacon and eggs too! Do you have any?" She heads towards the fridge, finding eggs immediately. She takes the carton out and then takes out some cheese, setting them on the counter.

"Yeah! The bacons on the second shelf, behind the watermelon."

Lindsay spots the watermelon, reaching behind it to take out the bacon. "Alright, let's do this!" She closes the refrigerator door behind her and heads over to the counter.

"I got the bacon and pancakes." Emily smiles. "You can do the eggs and smoothies if you want." She smiles and takes the bacon from Lindsay.

"Alright!" She cheers and heads back over to the fridge, taking out fresh fruit, yogurt and spinach for the smoothies.

"What music do you like?" Emily asks as she takes out the griddle, hooking it up. She runs her hand over the marble counter and sighs softly, then hears the griddle before she makes the batter for the pancakes.

"Rock! I do love some rap though." Lindsay responds.

"Alexa!" Emily calls out and smiles as Alexa turns on. "Play my rock playlist." Not even a minute later, the sound of Guns 'n' Roses filled the room. And not even a few minutes later, the girls were bonding and cooking breakfast together.

. .  .

Lindsay's phone rings and she looks down at the caller ID.

Luke.

She immediately answers her partner and sighs as she puts the phone up to her ear. "Hey, partner. What's up?" She asks.

"Hey, Linds. I need you and Emily to meet me at the station." His voice rings through the phone.

"Yeah, of course!" She responds. "Anyway, we have left over breakfast. You want some?"

"Sure. Okay, gotta go."

"Of course. See you soon." She sighs and then hangs up. "Hey, Em?" She calls out. "We have to head to the station, get ready!"

"Okay!" Emily responds from the living room and then heads upstairs, Armageddon following her and sitting outside the bathroom, guarding the door.

Lindsay smiles and praises him, then puts food down in his bowl, finding a Tupperware to package up breakfast for Luke. She finds a travel mug and puts the leftover smoothie in there, then sets it in the fridge for when they leave. She heads upstairs, petting the dog and hearing the shower start as she walks by the bathroom and to the guest bedroom to get ready.

About ten minutes later, Emily emerges from the bathroom and quickly heads into her room, closing the door behind Armageddon. "Showers open!" She calls to Lindsay, smiling when she hears her sprint to the bathroom. Emily giggles and heads over to her closet, grabbing a pair of leggings and a long tee-shirt. She puts the clothes on her bed, heading over to her dresser to grab a bra and a pair of underwear.

Then she drops the towel and changes quickly, smiling as Armageddon lays down by her feet. "You're a good dog, Arma." She says softly and pets his head, heading over to her vanity. She hears Armageddon get up and then she watches him sit by her feet, again. "You don't need to follow me, it's okay." She says softly. Emily sits down in the chair, quickly doing her makeup and brushing out her hair, then throwing it up into a messy bun.

Emily leaves her room and smiles as Armageddon follows her, heading downstairs to grab her wallet and keys, so they could leave.