Twenty-One | Not A Morning Person

so this wouldn't show the update when i tried posting last night so hopefully deleting that and re-posting will make it show up? idk i have no idea how to fix it so

also, instead of texting with "to" and "from" like before, i just decided to use whatever the name is in their phones. so if lottie's texting michael, it would be "princess charlie" since that's what she's put in his phone, and if leven were to text lottie it would be "boyfriend" or something since that's what he'd be in her's. make sense? okay

//charlotte//

She couldn't help but wonder why her? Why couldn't she just have a nice relationship with Leven like they used to have? Where did things go wrong? No matter how many times she thought back, she couldn't find a moment where things could've started going downhill. He just started getting angry all of a sudden; it came out of nowhere.

Lottie made her way into the house after driving herself home and figured she'd find something to eat - she didn't get to finish the food she'd bought at the food court - and then lounge in the living room since she only saw her father's car in the driveway and he was usually in his room or his office doing work related things.

As she went into the kitchen, Lottie pulled out her phone and started texting Michael just because she wanted something to take her mind off of things and because they'd gotten pretty close since the first time she went to his apartment and Calum wasn't there. They were always texting now, it seemed, but she liked it. Michael always made her smile.

He texted back saying he was at work with Sam so she asked about work just so he wouldn't ask her how her date was.

She set her phone down on the counter and went through the fridge, finding some leftover stuffed chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, things for a salad, and various other foods that didn't seem to fit her appetite. She settled for the cold mashed potatoes, throwing the entire tupperware of them in the microwave with a slab of butter on top. She went back to her phone, hopping up on the counter and she texted Michael.

Michael Clifford: Works boring as usual :P what are you doing?

Princess Charlie: Making food

Michael Clifford: Oh you're back from your date?

Princess Charlie: Yeah

Michael Clifford: How'd it go?

Princess Charlie: How everything with Leven goes

When her phone went off again, it wasn't from Michael like she thought it would be. Instead, it was Leven.

Boyfriend ♥: Did you get home ok?

Lottie scoffed. How could he even ask something like that? How did he actually have the audacity to ask her that question?

Her phone went off again before she could reply.

Michael Clifford: I could try to come over after my shift if you need me to

Her face broke into a small smile. She went to reply to Leven first.

Lottie: Ask again in the morning when I see if you left bruises on my jaw.

-

//sam//

I woke up to my phone buzzing on the table. When I reached for it, though, my hand touched what felt like a person. I opened my eyes to see my hand landed on Calum's face. I yanked it away quickly before sitting up and looking around. I was in Calum and Michael's living room on a blowup mattress on the floor. Calum and I were asleep on it while Michael was curled up on the couch.