Twenty-Three | Knock Out

I could've sworn I wrote this before but apparently I never did so um that's cool I guess

//charlotte//

Calum and Ashton said they could take care of Michael and Sam while I went to put on pajamas. I was honestly really tired, cold from swimming, and I just wanted to get into some cotton shorts and go to bed.

I went up to my room and took off my wet bra and underwear, tossing them in my hamper along with my dress. I dug through my drawers for a tshirt, some shorts, and new underwear in the dim light from my bedside lamp.

I saw light coming in slowly from the dooreway so I quickly grabbed my blanket and wrapped it around myself.

"Um, excuse me!" I squealed.

"You're excused." a familiar, rough voice said before they stepped in and closed the door behind them.

It was Leven, I knew it was. I knew his voice. I also knew that he had locked the door after walking in.

"Um, you weren't invited." I spat, still angry with him.

"I know," he smirked, walking closer to me slowly. "I crashed."

I grabbed my phone from the dresser and quickly went through my contacts, finding someone to call to come kick him out. I also tried to back up away from him as I did so, tripping on the blankets a few times.

"I'll- I'll call someone..." I threatened, my voice shaking. "I-I'll get you kicked out a-and-"

"You can't do shit!" he hissed, whacking my phone out of my hand and onto the floor. "You're weak, Lottie, and you're dumb as fuck. I tried to be happy with you but I can't fucking do it! You're seriously so annoying and your family is a goddamn soap opera no one can or wants to keep up with!"

"Then just leave!" I shouted, my voice still shaky. "No one's fucking keeping you here!"

There was suddenly a sharp sting that shot through my cheek. It didn't register for a few seconds that Leven had backhanded me. He'd hit me before but he never backhanded me.

"Never speak to me like that." he said through clenched teeth.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and held my head high. "I don't have to listen to you anymore."

He gripped my neck and threw me onto my bed, causing the frame to shake. I tried to scramble backwards on it, trying to get away from him as he walked toward me and straddled me.

"That's what you fucking think."

-

//michael//

"Michael, you can't- Michael- Mike- Jesus Christ, stop it!" Calum groaned.

I didn't know what was so bad, I was just trying to go skinny dipping.

Sam was floating in an inner tube, her arms hooked over it to keep her up. She was giggling at something Ashton was doing but I was more focused on where Charlie went - I finally started remembering who people were, which made Calum significantly less stressed.

I heard a buzzing noise and I made a face. "Make that stop."

"It's your phone." Calum sighed, picking it up from my pile of clothes. "It says Princess Charlie. Why is she a princess?"

I swam over to the edge of the pool and reached up for it. "Gimme!"

"Don't fucking drop it in there." he warned before handing it to me.

I happily answered the call and put the phone to my ear. "Hello!"

"-I can't fucking do it!" someone was shouting. It sounded kind of far away - everything did to me but this was different. "You're seriously so annoying and your family is a goddamn soap opera no one can or wants to keep up with!"