Round 1 (Vol 3)

The Amity Coliseum was filled with thundering cheers from students and civilians from all over the world. In the field of volcanic earth and icy glaciers below, two teams were facing off in the first round of the 43rd Vytal festival tournament.

Port: For those of you just now joining us, welcome to the Vytal Festival Tournament, broadcast live from the Amity Colosseum! If this is your first time watching, allow us to break down the rules.

Oobleck: The tournament is divided into three distinctive rounds; teams, doubles, and singles. Age and school year are irrelevant! In this tournament, your only attribute being tested... is skill.

Port: Correct! The winners of this battle will elect two of their members to represent them in the doubles round, followed by the winners of that round choosing one member to advance once again. The remaining combatants will then fight their way through the final bracket in the hope of achieving victory for their kingdom!

Oobleck: (pushes up his own spectacles) And yes, Peter, these certainly are some spectacular spectacles on which to spectate on! I don't think anyone tuning in around the world is going to disagree with me on that!

Port: Ahh, and why would they? Now, let's get back to the match between Team TWLT of Beacon, and Team ORNG, of Atlas.

Sparks flew as Y/n clashed blades with team ORNG's leader Orlando Vice, the two stood evenly match a top the molten earth until the ground beneath them started to crack apart, Y/n jumps back as a lava pool erupts in front of him blocking his view. He then turns to see Wendy fighting off Naomi Sanders who fought using a battle axe, the two seemed about even in strength but Wendy held the advantage in speed, after stabbing her heavy blade in to the ice she uses her dagger to cut away at Naomi's aura that is until a sniper shot from Ginger Green and Ross Flynn forces Wendy to back away. Ducking behind a rock all of team TWLT gets together.

You: Well this is annoying, they're sticking to the ice and I hate fighting on ice.

Wendy: I'm open to any ideas

Vlad: Yeah it would really suck to lose in the first round.

Tobias: We can't lose.

Vlad: (annoyed) Well how about you go over there and fight.

Y/n and Vlad both noted Tobias's awkward expression at the thought of going to the icy side of the arena.

Wendy: (realization) Oh your not good in the cold are you? Being a snake faunus and all.

Tobias:....

You: That-

Vlad: Thats hilarious! Mr big shot here is afraid of the cold.

Tobias: I'm not afraid! I just can't move as well.

You: Wait that's it, Alright guys I have a plan.

After letting your teammates in on your plan you all broke off to your designated areas, Wendy charges in using her semblance at the same time Vlad jumped to one of the highest rocks where he fires a volley of dust arrows, as the arrows connected with the surface of the ice a multitude of explosions happened forcing the Ginger and Ross out of hiding. Wendy and her Mirages head after them only to be attacked by Orlando and Naomi. Wendy's semblance keeps them distracted long enough for her to dive pass them and with a heavy swing from heavy blade she slams it into Ross knocking him out of the ring into the force field. But now she was surrounded by the remaining three members of team ORNG.