17 🍁Known but unknown promise🍁

NEXT MORNING:

Hayat was doing her touch up while standing near the mirror. Daneen entered her room and hugged her tightly from behind.

"Ya Allah!" exclaimed Izzah.

"Daneen who does like that? You crazy women! you ruined my lipstick! I am getting late!" screamed Izzah.

"I ruined it on purpose so that I can get time to talk with you. I do the same type of things with Azhar. You Doctor's are always busy how can a person talk to you. Ya Allah! What will happen to Usman? Seems like he has to beg for your time throughout his life. At least find some time for your loved ones Hayat." said Daneen with a sad face.

"God knows how that poor guy tolerates you. If I had been in his place I would have kicked you out of my room" shouted Hayat.

"Are you trying to tell me indirectly to get out of this room? But that's not gonna happen because now it's my time to tease you. I can't believe it. You are finally getting married! Allah Miya, I am so happy" said Daneen.

"By the way, I knew from the beginning that he likes you"commented Daneen with a mischievous smile.

Hayat was totally embarrassed with her comment and she started to arrange her file to ignore her comment.

"But who knows. He might have fallen in love with you" said Daneen.

Hayat's eyes enlarged after listening to her remark. She composed herself.

"How do you know that he likes me?" asked Hayat.

She wanted to know whether Usman has said something like that to Azhar.

"No, but I can see the love for you in his eyes. Your friend is experienced Hayat. She knows how a lover looks at his lady love. Like Azhar look at me" said Daneen while blushing at her own sentence.

"Ya Allah!Daneen! how did you come here early in the morning? Didn't your in-laws stop you from coming here at this time?" asked Hayat with irritation.

"No, because I landed here directly from the airport and who cares if you have such an understanding husband and loving mother-in-law. She must have made breakfast for me as she knows I am returning back from Mumbai today morning"explained Daneen while smiling cheekily.

"If you don't believe me then just notice his attitude in front of you. You will get your answer" commented Daneen.
************************************

In the afternoon:

Hayat was waiting at the restaurant for Usman.

Hayat's POV:

Where is he?

Since half an hour I am sitting here and  I am constantly tapping my shoes under the table.

Hayat now you have to wait like this for your whole life. Get used to it.

After getting bored I started to check my Instagram account.

"Seems like someone is very busy with her phone"somebody commented.

I raised my eyes to look at the person and here he was 'THE GREAT USMAN ALI KHAN"
for whom I wasted my forty-five minutes.

My patients wait for hours to get my appointment and here he wasted my forty-five minutes.

He smiled at me and sat down in front of me. I also gave him a small smile.

"No, I was tired of waiting so I thought to use my phone".

"I was in a meeting. It was important so I got late.Anyways(aapne kuch order Kiya) have you ordered anything?" asked Usman.

Hayat nodded as no.

"Ok, lets order food first"

They ordered the food.

"You wanted to talk something?" asked Usman"

"Aa...yes, As we are going to get bounded in a relationship. I feel it won't be nice that we start our relationship on the basis of lies. I think if there is something in my past you have the right to know and If you have something in your past I have the right to know, isn't?" asked Hayat.

Ya Allah!please agree with me because I have many questions going in my mind regarding you.

"Absolutely, it's better we clear it out today before our marriage" replied Usman with a smile.

Ya Allah! Do some miracle that after listening to my past he himself back off from this marriage but Hayat what about your parents? Ok, he should not back off because after that my parents will be in pain. I have to marry him.

"Ok, so first I will tell you.I...I got engaged to someone 6 years ago. His name was Sameer. I used to like him since my teenage days. But due to circumstances and misunderstanding, we broke off. I don't like him anymore. Now we aren't in contact and he is already married.

I know it would be awkward for you to listen about my ex but I can't do anything.  It's not in my hand"I confessed nervously.

Usman listened to her carefully.

"It's ok Hayat. Things do happen. Sometimes it's not in our control. It was your past and I am Ok with it" replied Usman with a warm smile.

"Ok, is there anything more you want to tell me?" asked Usman.

Hayat nodded as no.

"So now it's my turn," said Usman while rubbing his hand.

He chuckled. Hayat gave a suspicious look.

"Actually...I am thinking, whether you will believe me or not. So,I have never been in any relationship" Usman confessed.

What? he was never in any relationship. Impossible! He is lying.

"Never been in a relationship or never been in a serious relationship," I asked while raising my one eyebrow.

"Never been in any kind of relationship. I know you must be thinking I am reaching and good looking but still not in a relationship but Hayat I am an old school type person. Believe it or not, I believe the What's the meaning to build a relationship when you know you are not going to marry that person. Attractions do happen, I agree. In my college days, I used to like a girl. But never had the courage to go and tell her.
After my father's death, I have seen my Grandfather working hard to feed us. So I had only one goal that was to again take our company to heights. So I had no time for all these things. You are my first an probably the last" confessed Usman.

Why does he use such intense lines? I  feel jittery after hearing these lines. Don't know what is happening to me.

You are my first and the only one and definitely the last. Usman wanted to add the last part but he shut his mouth on time. He thought 'Usman you should take small steps towards her. It was too early to use such cheesy lines with her. Otherwise, she may think I am a pervert might  slap me'

Hayat raised her eyes to look at him after listening to his last comment and they shared an intense eye contact for one minute which was broken by the arrival of the waiter with food.

The waiter served the food and went away.

"Hayat I believe in actions more than words but I want to tell you that you don't need to worry about Shayan. After our marriage also you will take care of Shayan as you do now. My house's responsibilities will never come in between you and Shayan. I will never separate a mother from his childhood. He will leave with us. I may not be his real father but I will try to... protect him always. That's Usman Ali Khan's promise. This, I said because I know you must be doubtful about you marrying me will affect Shayan" said Usman in a very serious tone.

Hayat nodded and gave him a nervous smile.

🌺🌻🌼🌷🌱🌲🌳🌴🌹🥀🌹🥀🌻🍂🍃

Hello everyone 🤗🤗🤗

How was the chapter?

Please vote and tell me your thoughts regarding the story.

Your writer friend,
Muskan 🤫🤫