🌺16.Twist in the tale🌺

Hayat was driving back home

Hayat 's pov:

Seems like this arrogant billionaire will not back off. I have to talk to my Ammi, but how will I tell her that I don't want to marry him.

Ya Allah, please help me. Take me out of this mess.

I parked my car and entered my home. I went to the terrace. Ammi was instructing the maid to dry the wheat grains.

"Ammi, I want to talk to you," I said to my mother hesitatingly.

My mother looked at me"yes my child, tell me, what do you want to say?"

"Ammi, you know these billionaires are not loyal to their wives. They have extramarital affairs. Yesterday only I and Usman were having lunch at the restaurant and one girl came and started flirting with him. She was literally trying to touch him" I shared my dilemma.

"Beta, you are wrong. Not every billionaire cheats their wives. He is different. He is Usman Ali Khan. You know, his father was also a billionaire. He loved his wife a lot. He was very loyal to his wife and I see his reflection in his son. Usman is just like him. He will never cheat on you. I and your Abba know their family for three decades. Of course, they are rich and powerful but they don't believe in extramarital affairs or more than one marriage. They are strictly against these things which pollute our society. Ok, tell me did he accepted  that woman's flirty attitude?"

"Ammi, I was sitting in front of him. So it was obvious that he will reject her advances but if I would have not been there, I don't know how he would have behaved "
which was true. I don't know him maybe he would have accepted her advances.

Now they were testing my patience. I said I don't want to marry then why are they forcing me? It is my life, right? I don't want to again get into this maze of love, marriage and relationship and also I and Usman are poles apart. We are two different people with different mindsets. How will I bear with him for entire life?

"Ammi please I don't want to marry. Please, it is my decision why you guys always try to force me. I have already talked to Usman and denied this proposal "

"What? What did you do?" Ammi grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me in anger.

"Hayat, how can you do this? We are your Guardian. Its high time now. We have given you so much liberty that is the reason you are doing whatever you want, isn't? Now it's enough. We will take your marriage decision. Did you get it?" shouted Ammi.

Ammi held her head with both her hand "Allah what did you do Hayat? What will they think of us? Ya Allah" cried Ammi and suddenly she started breathing heavily.

"What did you do Ha.....yat" she lost her balance.

"Ammi!"I cried and grabbed her body on time and I laid her head in my lap.

I instructed the maid to help me in taking ammi down the stairs. I and my maid placed ammi on the sofa in the living hall.

I examined my mother. Her blood pressure was high. Seems like she has got a panic attack and she fainted. We have to immediately take her to the hospital.

Abba Jaan and Shayan were not at home. Daneen have taken them to the mosque. Today she had come to meet us and Abba wanted to go to the mosque since many days and I was not free this week.

Suddenly Usman entered our house
"Hayat what happened to aunty," asked Usman.

"Usman, we have to take her to the hospital. Please help me"I requested him.

"Ok, let's go," said Usman and picked Ammi in his arms, carried her outside the house.

By the way, what is he doing here?
Ya Allah! How can I forget it?
He must have come to meet Shayan.