A Personal Note

Hi, everyone:)

I've come to realize I don't talk about myself much here. I'll give you small little updates at the end of chapters if something major happens, but after hearing so many of you share your kind words, I feel more of a connection with you all.

So I feel I should share some about myself.

My favorite color is dark green. I don't know why, it just is.

I really like French fries. Like, a lot. It's an unhealthy obsession, really. Sue me🤷🏻‍♀️

I love my room. It's quite clean and organized and gives me a sense of control and peace.

I don't like animals. They freak me out.

I'm a major introvert but can't go more than a few days without seeing a few certain people.

Which brings me to my main, big point.

A point of happiness, I'm very glad to say:)

I've met a boy. A boy I really, really like.

A boy who really, really likes me back.

You all don't know this, but for about six months, I was with a guy who I put a lot of effort into a relationship with.

I was so consumed with a boy actually voicing his interest in me for once that I rushed into a relationship with him, overlooking and ignoring all the red flags, such as people telling me that he was constantly treating everyone around him poorly.

In the final few months, he started distancing himself from me. I began to stop eating because I was so stressed about messing up something in the relationship. I stopped caring for myself and put all of my thoughts, time, and effort into him.

Until he dumped me, out of nowhere.

He had told all of his friends and all of my friends a week before doing it, and nobody had told me.

Which, I don't blame them for. They were put in a very uncomfortable situation. I'm not angry or upset with them at all.

But it hurt.

He had been saying nasty things about me behind my back to people, among many other things I simply don't feel like writing about because I've finally moved on.

I was hurt, I was upset.

Until two weeks later.

There was this boy, who I had become friends with over the past year.

He was friends with my first boyfriend, as well. The one mentioned above.

On New Years I had told one of my friends I had found him cute.

He was the guy in my life who would let me cry into his shoulder. He was the guy who would hug me when I was upset. He was the guy who would stay up for hours talking to me about whatever was on my mind.

I began to realize I had feelings for him. And I had had those feelings for a long time.

I felt terrible. I felt disgusting. I felt so gross for liking someone else while I was in a relationship with someone. Let alone his friend.

But after a while of thinking about it, I realize I shouldn't feel gross for taking a liking to someone who treated me so well when I was treated so poorly.

I shouldn't feel gross for taking a liking to someone who actually cared about me.

I shouldn't feel gross for liking someone who was nothing but sweet to me.

And, by some miracle, the next day, he called me, and he told me everything.

He told me how he'd liked me even while his friend and I were still together, but he suppressed his feelings.

He told me he had wanted to ask me out nearly 8 months prior, but the friend had talked him out of it because he wanted to "keep me on the back burner".

That was two months ago.

So now, here we are, dating.

Words cannot express how much I like this boy.

He's sweet, he's goofy, he's kind, he's thoughtful, he's caring. Not to mention, cute, too!

And he makes me feel so important.

Hearing his friends tell me how much he talks about me to them and how he tells them almost every day how special I am to him makes me feel so happy.

So, yeah. That's where I stand right now.

I'm over the moon happy with this boy, and I'll keep you all updated on it.

Until then, enjoy more oneshots;)

Xoxo,
anathema