Surgery

Tyler sighed as he looked up at his husband who was holding his hand.

"Love you, baby," Josh told him, squeezing his hand. "You're gonna do great."

Tyler nodded, kissing Josh back when his husband leaned down and connected their lips. "Love you too."

"I'll see you on the other side," Josh smiled. "You'll have a brand new, actually functional knee."

Tyler nodded again, worried out of his mind for the operation.

Josh gave him one last kiss and I love you before the nurses wheeled Tyler back to the operating room, the last thing Tyler saying before the anesthesia knocked him out being "Tell Joshie I love him."

***

"TyTyyyyyy," Josh hummed with a grin as he entered Tyler's hospital room. "Your hubby's hereeeeee."

"Husband!" Tyler smiled loopily. "I love you!"

"Hi, baby!" Josh laughed, kissing Tyler's lips and holding his hand. "I love you more!"

"Husband," Tyler said.

"Yes, baby?"

"My booty hangs outta this," Tyler giggled, talking about his hospital gown. "Wanna see??"

"You are soooooooo high out of your mind right now," Josh hummed with a laugh, running his fingers through Tyler's hair.

"Husband."

"Yes, baby?"

"Guess what."

"What?"

"TyTy butt."

Josh couldn't help but laugh at how goofy Tyler was under anesthesia.

"Good news, baby," he said. "The doctor said the surgery went perfect."

"That is because I am perfect," Tyler informed Josh.

"You're quite confident, aren't you?" Josh chuckled.

"Mr. Dun?" The nurse said with a smile as she entered the room. "Are you hungry? I have some snacks for you."

Tyler gasped. "Snacks?!"

"Mhm," she hummed. "We've got Oreos, goldfish, fruit snacks, Graham c-"

"Husband," Tyler said. "I shall treat you. What snack would you like?"

"I don't need anything, baby, but that's very sweet of you to offer," Josh said. "You pick whatever you want, dear. You need something on your stomach."

"Hmmmmmmm," Tyler hummed in thought. 45 seconds later he was still thinking.

"How about I leave the snacks in here and your husband can just give whichever ones you'd like to you?" She giggled as she realized Tyler wasn't going to make a decision anytime soon.

"Okay that is good because I love my husband," Tyler told her.

"Aw, that's so sweet," she said. "That sounds like a plan, then. You'll get to go home soon, too."

Tyler gasped. "HOME?!"

The nurse nodded.

"I snuggle with my husband at home," Tyler smiled shyly.

The nurse smiled. "Well you'll get to snuggle with him real soon, okay? We've just gotta get your discharge paperwork ready."

"Okay I love you," Tyler smiled at her.

She laughed. "Thank you, Mr. Dun."

***

"Okay, baby," Josh said as he helped get his husband onto their bed, making sure to elevate the knee that was just operated on. "You comfy?"

By this time the anesthesia had worn off. "Mhm," Tyler hummed, his eyes closed. He was just tired at this point.

Josh nodded, kissing Tyler's forehead.

"Come lay down with me, Joshie," Tyler said softly. "Before my leg pain gets so bad that you can't."

Josh joined him in bed, his arm wrapped around him.

The boys were both just relieved that the surgery went well and hoped that recovery would be just as smooth.