First Night

Josh smiled as he plugged his phone in to charge, seeing his husband smiling excitedly as he got into the opposite side of the bed.

Josh set his phone down and got on the bed, Tyler giggled as Josh immediately pulled him close.

"Hi," Tyler giggled, kissing Josh's lips.

"Hi, baby," Josh mumbled against his lips.

"I want a snack," Tyler giggled, pecking Josh's cheek before getting up. He waddled his way to the big bag of snacks he had brought along with him.

"What're ya gonna get?" Josh grinned as he watched his husband, lying back with his hands behind his head.

"I dunno," Tyler hummed as he rummaged through the bag. "Ooooooh, goldfish."

So Tyler returned to bed with a bag of goldfish, plopping down in Josh's lap as he ate quietly.

Josh couldn't help but laugh when the only sound in the room was Tyler's crunching.

"You're a dork," he chuckled, holding Tyler in his lap.

"I'm not a dork," Tyler pouted. "You're a dork."

"Nooo, you're a dork," Josh grinned, kissing Tyler's lips. "Eatin' goldfish when we should be gettin' naked."

"Snacks come first, Joshua," Tyler told him. "You know how this relationship works."

"How this marriage works," Josh corrected him with a grin.

"Snacks before sex," Tyler said. "Snacks are higher on my priorities."

"We haven't even had sex yet!" Josh laughed. "What if you end up liking sex more than you like snacks?"

"I won't," Tyler said.

"But what if you do?"

"Trust me, I won't."

"Well maybe we should try it," Josh grinned. "Just to make sure."

"After my snack, Joshua," Tyler said.

"Fine," Josh groaned.

***

"Whoa," Tyler said, completely out of breath as his husband lied beside him, panting himself. "I-I think that was better than goldfish..."

Josh laughed. So much for the romantic declaration of love after consummating their marriage he was expecting.

"I love you, baby," Josh smiled, kissing Tyler's cheek.

Tyler quickly hugged him, burying his face in his neck.

"Aww, baby," Josh said softly, hugging his husband back.

"I love you," Tyler said.

Josh smiled, kissing his bare shoulder softly. "I love you more."

***

That night, the boys fell asleep in the same bed for the first time.

Around 2AM, Josh woke up to something against his lips.

He opened his eyes to see it was Tyler.

"Hey, baby," he said sleepily.

"Hi," Tyler said softly.

"Just wanted some extra kisses?"

Tyler nodded.

Josh smiled, kissing Tyler back softly. "Love you."

"I love you too," Tyler smiled shyly.

So they had a fun little make out session at 2am. If this was what the married life was like, neither of them could wait to continue living it with the other by his side.