First Kiss

Tyler and Josh sat on Josh's media room's couch, Josh's arm around Tyler while both boys had their legs up on the coffee table in front of the couch, just as they did every Saturday night.

Suddenly, the heard the door to the garage downstairs close.

"Is your sister home?" Tyler asked, looking up at his boyfriend.

Josh shook his head. "She's spending the night at a friend's. I think those were my parents."

He texted his parents, asking if they had left. They said they had decided to go out and would be a back in a few hours.

"Yeah, they're gone," Josh said. "I'm surprised they left us here alone."

"Yeah," Tyler agreed, nodding his head.

The boys sat there for another while, watching the TV show they had on before Josh spoke up.

"Soooooo," he said. "Remember that conversation we had? When we were going to third period?"

"Which one?" Tyler asked.

"You know," Josh said. "The one about us."

"Which one?" Tyler repeated. "There've been multiple."

"The kissing one, Ty," Josh sighed, laughing and rubbing his eyes defeatedly.

"O-oh," Tyler said, his nerves starting to kick in. "Y-yeah."

"So do you wanna do it...?" Josh asked.

"You decide," Tyler quickly said.

"Because everyone's constantly asking why I haven't kissed you yet and I said it's because we wanted to wait but I don't know what to do," Josh admitted.

"I mean, we're both equally as lost in this."

"That's very true," Josh laughed softly. "Do you wanna just wait?"

Tyler nodded, and they continued watching their movie together, snuggled up on the couch.

***

About thirty minutes later, Tyler got a snapchat from one of the boys' friends. He opened it, double tapping to reply.

"What should I say?" Tyler asked.

"That Josh wants to kiss Tyler," Josh said.

Tyler giggled softly, Josh sighing defeatedly again with a laugh.

"Do you wanna do it now?" Josh asked.

Tyler shrugged.

"What does the shrug mean?"

Tyler shrugged again. "I dunno. I mean, I feel like we should wait and not be pressured into doing it, but then again we're alone..."

The boys looked at each other, both blushing before going back to looking at the TV.

"Let's just wait," Josh said. "We'll be a lot calmer if we aren't pressured into doing it."

Tyler nodded in agreement.

But, for the rest of the night, the boys were closer than ever.

Tyler got to the point where he was curled up, his knees to his chest with his left side resting against Josh. Josh wrapped both his arms around his boyfriend, talking to him sweetly about how sleepy they both were and how Tyler should probably go home but they were both just "too comfortable" to get up.

Eventually, though, after about thirty minutes of saying they needed to get up but Tyler remaining in Josh's arms, he got up, Josh hugged him goodbye, and he went home.

As soon as Ty got home, he missed being in Josh's arms. He got into bed, getting into the same position hoping to recreate the feeling, but it wasn't the same.

So he made a note in his head:

Next Saturday, when he went over to Josh's home for their weekly movie night, he'd savor every minute of touch he got.

And, they'd have their first kiss.