Five Years Passed

A/N (Author's Note)
Description
'Thinking/Flashback'
Demon or other speaking
*Timeskip*
___________________________________

Naruto's P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes to see a slowly fading green shield that surrounded the island. 'The island must have had a defense mechanism that helped protect us from the blast' I thought. I looked around and saw that the island was fine. Then I looked down in front of me and I saw the little girl and her friends in a circle holding hands. 'They all love each other kinda like a...........clan' I couldn't help but compare. I shook my head not wanting to think about that.

I suddenly saw the little girl open her eyes. She looked around at everyone then she looked up at me. She gave me this big smile. I then noticed that everyone else was starting to open their eyes.

They all looked around and at each other to make sure everyone was alright. Then they all looked at me. "I can't believe it's you" said a strange old man. "The dragon of destruction himself............Acno-" I cut him off by letting out a loud roar.

"How dare you try and speak that name" I yelled, smoke emanating from my mouth. "You are not fit to speak that name" I yelled even louder. "Hey don't you talk to the old man like that" yelled a shirtless teen. "YEAH" yelled a pink haired teen in agreement.

Then I was punched in the face by a giant fist. The hit pushed me back a little bit. I looked up to see the small old man had grown to my size and gained muscles. I then swiped him away with my tail, this sent him flying back a few yards. Then everyone of them started to try and attack me, except for the little girl and three flying cats of various colors.

The red head changed into a different battle armor and kept hitting me with her swords. A well built blonde teen shot lightning at me. The raven haired teen from before shot ice at me. The pink haired teen from before also shot fire at me. Two silver headed people who I guessed were family, transformed and tried to take me down. A teen with multiple piercings and long spiky black hair shot iron like pillars at me. A long green haired male and a small blue short  haired woman put various barriers around to keep me from running or attacking. The old man from before got back up, rushed over, and started to attack me. And so on.

It tickled.

I saw that the little girl from before was crying and trying to get their attention. She kept trying to get their attention but they never stopped and listened to her. She gave up after the eight time and just kept crying. "ENOUGH" I yelled. This caused everyone that was attacking to go flying a few yards, and for the various barriers around me to completely break.

They all got back up and got into fighting stances. I sighed and motioned over to the little girl with my head. They all looked over to the little girl to see her crying. "Why are you crying Wendy" asked the blonde woman. 'Wendy so that is your name' I thought to myself. "I was trying to get your attention" she said wiping away her tears. "Why what's wrong" asked the short silver haired woman. "Your attacking my friend" she said with all of her tears gone, but her eyes were a little pink.

"WHAT" everyone except me and the little girl yelled. "It is true" I said with a calm voice. They turned back to me. "This child ran and found me, and asked for me to help you" I said. They all looked back over to her. "She wanted me to help you and to save her friends" I told them. "So don't be angry with her.........be angry with me" I said, making them all look at me again. After a few minutes I saw the old man shrink back down to his normal size. He approached me and bowed his head.

"Thank you for protecting my children oh great dragon" he said. "I am sorry for attacking you, I was just afraid that you would harm them, completely ignoring the fact that you saved us, and for that I am sorry" he apologized, after that he stopped bowing, raised his head, and looked up at me. I was taken aback he first wanted to beat the hell out me and now he was thanking me and apologizing. "I accept your apology, I know humans have painted me in a negative light, you must have heard all of those terrible stories" I said while looking in his eyes and showing my respect.

I felt someone nudge my left arm. I looked down to see the little girl staring up at me, and giving me this look. "And I would like to apologize for getting hostile and hurting you, it's just that name............that name holds a lot of pain for me" I said while bowing my head asking for forgiveness. "I except your apology" he said, he looked at the others then back at me. "There is something I would like to ask you though" he said. "What is it" I asked as I raised my head. "Would you like to join my guild" he asked. I looked at him in confusion then I felt a nudge. I looked down at the little girl to see a huge smile. "Yay we would be like family" she said while hugging my wrist. 'Like a family' I thought.

'My life is filled with danger and hardships, people more often then not get hurt' I thought to myself, still looking at the little girl. 'I can't put these nice people through that, I just can't' I thought.

'Flashback'

"Naruto what's wrong honey" asked Mikoto. "My Mommy and Daddy Locked me out of the house again" I cried. "Why don't they love me" I cried even harder. "Oh baby" Mikoto sighed. She got down on her knees and hugged me. "I love you and you will always have me" she said comforting me. "Really" I asked looking up with tears in my eyes. "Really" she said with a smile on her face. Then she began to tickle me. "HAHAHAHA please stop, stop" I cried out between giggles and laughs. "How about you come inside and I'll make you some of your favorite food" she said with a smile on her face. "I'd like that" I said. I grabbed her hand and followed her into the house.

'Flashback end'

'Well who knows maybe it won't be so bad' I thought to myself. I looked back up and at the old man. "If you would have me, I'd be honored to join your guild" I replied with confidence. "YEAH" everyone cheered. "Here hop on my back and I'll take you all home" I said. They all jumped on my back and we took off for their guild.

It only took us two hours to reach Magnolia, but for some reason we could not spot the guild hall. So I landed in the surrounding forest and asked someone to go ask for directions. The long silver haired girl went and asked for directions, after about 12 minutes she came back and led us their. The building was unbelievably small. I let them all get off my back and they all rushed inside. Not even a second later I started to hear loud cheering from inside. The entire guild burst outside to meet me. My friends from the island started introducing me to the rest of the guild and they introduced me to the rest of the guild. We came to find out that five years had passed since taking down that creature but despite all of that everyone was happy. Everyone was so happy and excited to finally have their missing family back, and they were all super nice towards me. 'Huh maybe this guild/family thing won't be so bad' I thought to myself.

Throughout the whole night we partied. And when we woke up we were all officially hung over.
___________________________________
Naruto has a new family that will hopefully help heal his past trauma.

Naruto will come to find out many secrets about his new family and himself.