The great blue ocean

A/N (Author's note)
Description
'Thinking/Flashback'
Demon or other speaking
*Timeskip*
___________________________________

Naruto's P.O.V.

Me and Kyuubi have been going west for about a year now. Of course I stopped to hunt for food and drink fresh water along the way. I even settled down in a few places but eventually I was forced to leave either due to humans settling in, or a shortage in food. And I wasn't going to bring myself to kill innocent people. So even after all of that we are still searching for a place to call home. Some of the islands that we found were either to small. Or they were to populated, I went West to get away from being hunted, and what not. Then I saw it a decent sized island, there weren't any people living on the island, there were a few islands near it but not a lot and a few islands off in the distance. The island was surrounded by large rocks. And the water was shark infested. So that meant that no one would be coming to the island and even if they did they wouldn't survive.

However someone did survive getting there. A young boy around the age of I'd like to say 9. He had washed up along the shore, I looked at him for a long second before going back to what I was doing. But my conscious got the better of me. I picked up the small boy in my large hand and took him back to were I lived, which was a very large cave.

After a couple of hours the boy had woken up. Of course he was scared out of his mind. After what felt like hours of freaking out, he realized that I hadn't moved to attack him. After he noticed this he calmed down, he still sat very far away from me. But as time passed the kid slowly started to get closer and closer to me, until he was sitting right next to me. After taking a closer look at me he got excited. "You're a dragon awesome" he exclaimed in a childish voice. I didn't respond to what he said. However the kid kept talking to me. He introduced himself as Monkey D. Luffy. While I didn't show it, I was very amused by his name. He told me he wanted to be a pirate, not like the ones running about now. But a pirate that will help people. After having a one sided conversation, the ki- Luffy's stomach growled. I got up and fought us some fish to eat. I cooked the fish and gave him some.

Luffy came up to me and tried to lay next to me. I gave him a low growl, and he went to the other side of the cave. I went to sleep after seeing that he was situated. However I woke up not even 4 minutes later, and I turned to Luffy to see that he was shaking. "Sigh" I gave a deep and heavy sigh. I got up and moved towards Luffy, and I wrapped a wing around him to help warm him, and to keep him warm. Immediately after wrapping my wing around him he snuggled up to my side. While you couldn't see it on my face, on the inside I was smiling. 'He looks so cute, maybe I could rai-' I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts. 'No, remember the last time you trusted someone' I told my self, while bringing my hand up to my chest and rubbing it. I decided I would go to sleep and leave him at the shore tomorrow with a big fire to signal for help. I knew that some sort of government had a base somewhere nearby, as I mostly saw royal ships with the occasional pirate ship here and there.

*In the morning*

I woke up and looked at my side to see the kid still asleep. 'Good' I thought to myself as I picked him up and took him to the shore. After I made it to the shore I saw a royal vessel dock on the shore when I saw a old man, the old man was yelling out Luffy's name.

Old man with grey hair and a grey beard, wearing a white business suit, and a white coat on his shoulders.

"Luffy, Luffy, Luffy" he kept calling out with a desperate voice. I looked down at my hand to see the kid still asleep. I rolled my eyes as I shook him awake. After couple of seconds, he looked up at me and I pointed towards the direction of what I assumed was his family member. He looked to where I was pointing and he quietly shouted "Grandpa". I let him down and he immediately started to run towards his grandpa. But he stopped just before the tree line, he turned back to look at me, his eyes were filled with sadness. I didn't understand why he was so sad that he was leaving. I just made a shooing motion. "I won't tell my Grandpa about this place... ok?" the boy said with a quiet voice. I jut nodded my head that I understood.

After that he ran towards his grandpa, after his grandpa made sure he was ok, they left. I waited for a good 5 maybe 6 hours until I jumped up into the sky and flew off towards another island. I didn't want to stay there knowing that the kid could accidentally let my location be known to others.

It didn't take long for me to find another island that was suitable enough for me to live in. However my biggest concern was that I was pretty close to a military base, however as I was about to leave and find another island I noticed that their were a bunch of underground pools underneath the island with a bunch of openings for the steam to escape. There were also a bunch of pools on the islands surface. I used my flames to heat up the water and create steam, which basically encompassed the whole island. Of course ships would fly into the mist and crash into the island. Then I would destroy the ship and the crew so no one would be informed of my home and my existence. After 2 years of this routine of destroying ships and their crews that crashed into my island or came near my island. Royal ships and pirate ships avoided going near my island. After doing all of this work I decided to take a long sleep.

*Timeskip*

Luffy's P.O.V.

It took me a few years but I made it. I had finally relocated the island at which I met my first ever friend. I look high and low but I could not find him. As I was about to do another sweep of the island to make sure I didn't miss anything, Nami came running up to me and told me that she had found out that Ace was going to be executed at Marineford. I turned around and started to run back to the ship. 'I'm sorry old friend, but I have to save my brother, I hope we'll see each other again someday' I thought.
___________________________________

What Luffy doesn't know is that he and Naruto will meet again, and very soon.

A/N (I don't really know a lot about One Piece so I'll just make it up as I go along. I changed the characters ages so that it will work better in the future)

Characters ages:

Luffy's age: 15

Nami's age: 16

Nico Robin's age: 21

Sanji's age: 17

Zoro's age: 17

Chopper's age: 13

Usopp's age: 15

Blackbeard (same age)

Whitebeard (dame age)

Boa Hancock's age: 24

Ace's age: 18